Silly Netflix

Started by Tpek, July 12, 2017, 11:10:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

Just upholding the GrogHead Standard.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

jamus34

Frack... this might be the one that causes me to ditch Netflix. I imagine their will be a lot of people dropping a couple of days after season 2 of Stranger things is released.

Since there's no penalties that I know of I think they'll start getting a lot of subscribers who drop for 8-9 months out of the year and then will sign up to catch up on all of their exclusive programming.
Insert witty comment here.

mirth

I've dropped my sub and re-joined several times over the past year or so. I have Amazon Prime and keep Netflix mainly for the kids.

I'm on the lowest tier Netflx plan, so this latest bump won't affect me. If they raise the rate on that tier, I'm out. The original programming is good, but nothing I can't live without.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

jamus34

I'm at the same point that it's more for the kids than the wife or I. And while I enjoy a lot of their original progamming it is not worth the price increases they have been implementing IMO.

BanzaiCat

I might dump it, too. I'm finding myself watching much more Amazon Prime video than Netflix in the last many months. My kids are on my account though, so it'll depend. My son, I think, gets a little Netflix viewing in during study down time.

ghostryder

The only thing I'm holding out for is the last season of Longmire. It's wrapped up months ago and everyone expected a Sept. release--when it didn't show on the list we thought Oct...now it's not even on that list--but Sept has been it's default release in the past. They are intentionally holding it's release for some reason...maybe to sell season 5 DVDs that released at the end of Sept but after that there's little on there I watch--mostly I watch amazon.

Nefaro

Quote from: jamus34 on October 05, 2017, 12:23:32 PM

Since there's no penalties that I know of I think they'll start getting a lot of subscribers who drop for 8-9 months out of the year and then will sign up to catch up on all of their exclusive programming.

I've been dropping it for a couple months, then sub for one, then drop again.  Rinse/repeat.

Works out alright.  Especially since I don't watch it much when I am subbed.  Usually just for a very few series/titles.  Which can easily be caught up during a 1 month sub & shelved again for awhile.

I expect the price hikes are partially due to those of us who practice this on-off subscription behavior. 

Tpek

Fina-F*cking-ly!
Season 5 of Arrow on Netflix!

Nefaro

Quote from: Tpek on October 09, 2017, 05:17:35 AM
Fina-F*cking-ly!
Season 5 of Arrow on Netflix!

Crisis averted!

O0

I haven't been seeing much new shit that has enticed me to re-sub to Netflix.

Thought they might add some decent stuff in the past 6 weeks or so.  Especially now that it's October, horror movie season, and last years' tempting theater releases might start showing up.  But nope.. not anything really tempting.  :-\

Stranger Things s2 doesn't come out until nearly the end of the month.  Hopefully the Punisher series is November.  The rest of their line-up is generally ZzzzZ.

jamus34

Quote from: Nefaro on October 06, 2017, 01:26:56 PM
Quote from: jamus34 on October 05, 2017, 12:23:32 PM

I've been dropping it for a couple months, then sub for one, then drop again.  Rinse/repeat.

Works out alright.  Especially since I don't watch it much when I am subbed.  Usually just for a very few series/titles.  Which can easily be caught up during a 1 month sub & shelved again for awhile.

I expect the price hikes are partially due to those of us who practice this on-off subscription behavior.

See, I have kids.  I've been justifying the cost of Netflix by looking at the nagging my wife and I would receive that my kids would want the next big toy that is blasted on every commercial on terrestrial tv. That alone has been worth the cost of Netflix sub. But it's getting harder with the increases.

Tpek

Oh G....F...D again!

The only reason Season 5 was brought to Netflix, is so season 6 can be withheld.
And it's now confirmed that there'll be yet another major crossover event.

Tpek

God damn Netflix!
God damn you all to Streaming-Hell!

Instead of just allowing me to properly watch Season6 of Arrow, or bring in all the countless goodies they let Americans watch,
they keep adding crap no one cares about Instead.

So far, I keep seeing new stuff like stand-up sketches by Am I Schwarma and Louis Sick Sex-Offender K, and now season 2 of Bill Nye's massive ego fails to save the world.
Who even watched season 1 of that show???

BanzaiCat

Starbuck (Katee) annoyed the crap out of me in Longmire. Her acting range isn't that strong because she came across exactly as her Starbuck character. At least, to me.

undercovergeek

Annoying man-woman with attitude who would have been fired after 10 minutes in real life?