Main Menu

DCS F/A-18C

Started by Jarhead0331, July 03, 2017, 11:28:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

I don't think I'll be attempting VR until more tech is advanced to support such things & well.  Such as 'mouse gloves' for punching buttons in the cockpit. 

Still a ways to go regarding peripherals and software refinement.  :nerd:

mbar

Ended up in the drink on my first CASE. Stuck the landing on the second try. That has me pumped! Could not get nose wheel steering to work at all afterward though. Wings up, catch bar up. I must have broke something.

mbar

F/A-18 Pilot Gives Virtual Flyers Highly Detailed Explanation Of How To Land On A Carrier

http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/21790/f-a-18-pilot-gives-incredibly-detailed-instructions-on-how-to-actually-land-on-a-carrier

RyanE

That is one of the coolest interviews I have ever seen. I am not if I have ever seen someone that close to a platform talk that much about the comparable flight sim experience on modern jets.

My friend who was a Harrier and Hornet flyer never really got into flight sims.  He used to watch me flight simming and laugh at how unrealistic and crazy it was.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Grim.Reaper

Was at local airshow today and the blue angels were there, which fly the hornets.  Plus, a number of hornets displayed throughout the show.  Had a chance to be in the front row to watch the pilots as they did their startup routines which was very cool....made me think about DCS Hornet and wanting to go home and play it:)

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 01, 2018, 06:38:08 PM
^pics!?

Just a couple from the show....its funny, I was so much in awe of the startup routine, checking my camera I have zero of the blue angels:(  Also, they had a handful of A-10's, those things are just awesome to see up close!

Destraex

Quote from: mbar on June 27, 2018, 08:22:11 AM
F/A-18 Pilot Gives Virtual Flyers Highly Detailed Explanation Of How To Land On A Carrier

http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/21790/f-a-18-pilot-gives-incredibly-detailed-instructions-on-how-to-actually-land-on-a-carrier
Should prove interesting to read.
At first I thought it was not on dcs but real. I know the Chinese and some other countries are still mastering the carrier efficiencies. So let's give em a tutorial. It really amazes me what is free and available from primary sources these days. But I guess it certainly ain't a national secret.
I am sure after watching and reading this material I will be inspired and have to resist the call of the dcs hornet.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"