Decades Feeder Bracket - 1982 Final 4 Part 2

Started by MetalDog, June 25, 2017, 02:05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

My favorite thing about this poll is that I know some of the songs are right in the wheelhouse of some of our members.  Knowing that, I figured any song could win.  I don't expect Duran Duran to make it past the Femmes.  And I certainly didn't expect the Stray Cats and Flock of Birdshit to both go down to defeat.  But that's what makes these things interesting to me, how you guys decide them  :bd:

The 1/5

The 6/7

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

That 6-7 matchup sucks.  It's a pair of songs that objectively sucked, but everyone 'loves' only because they were part of the hazy nostalgia era of MTV when they only had 200-odd videos to choose from and had to loop the few they had.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

Oh, and I let my wife vote in this one for me, too
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

Quote from: bayonetbrant on June 25, 2017, 02:39:36 PM
That 6-7 matchup sucks.  It's a pair of songs that objectively sucked, but everyone 'loves' only because they were part of the hazy nostalgia era of MTV when they only had 200-odd videos to choose from and had to loop the few they had.

What a grump!
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

"It's called being honest, asshole.  I would expect you to know the difference"

bbmike

Hungry Like the Wolf? People, watch the video before you vote for it.  ??? ::)
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

bayonetbrant

Quote from: bbmike on June 25, 2017, 03:10:17 PM

are you even old enough to remember it on TV?!

bbmike

Quote from: bayonetbrant on June 25, 2017, 03:15:55 PM

Do I not look 51?
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

bayonetbrant

Quote from: bbmike on June 25, 2017, 03:22:33 PM

Do I not look 51?

actually no, so go ahead and do your happy dance :)

mirth

Quote from: bayonetbrant on June 25, 2017, 03:03:11 PM
"It's called being honest, asshole.  I would expect you to know the difference"

Not exactly disproving my grump comment.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

bbmike

Quote from: bayonetbrant on June 25, 2017, 03:25:11 PM

Do I not look 51?

actually no, so go ahead and do your happy dance :)

I would but I'm too tired.
-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

Pete Dero

Madness has some good songs ( https://youtu.be/nLE13tPs0K0  ) but Our House isn't one of them.

Now if I only could get Blister in the Sun out of my head ...

mirth

Do I not look 51?

I wouldn't have put you a day over 60.

-budd-

weren't all these songs in movies? the ones that make me cringe the least are Blister in the sun and melt with you, so..there you go.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

bayonetbrant

you guys suck - y'all are picking the wrong songs in both matchups