The Secret World Legends

Started by Tpek, June 24, 2017, 02:36:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tpek

The revamped action/investigation/horror MMORPG has been released:

https://secretworldlegends.com/

Nefaro

I really enjoyed the first big zone in TSW. 

The modern horror mythology & such was great.

But I started losing interest a ways into the second area.  Kept hearing that the later zones weren't as good as the first two, but never made it that far.

What made me lose some interest was how weak my characters started feeling in combat, the further I went.  Like I was hitting baddies but barely scratching them, while they were pummeling the snot out of me.  Eventually every little random fight was as likely to end in death as not.  My damage output didn't seem to go up much at all, but the mobs' did.  :-\

That said, I'd still like to go back & grok the new revised one.  The modern horror-fantasy setting is damn cool.

-budd-

Looks cool, going to have to check this out. Will be checking some YouTube vids, thx for sharing.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Silent Disapproval Robot

I'm with Nef.  The first zone in New England was lots of fun.  I really liked the puzzles as they were very challenging.  The problem was that the game designers linked you to real world Google when you used in-game computers to research clues.  Cool concept but as more and more people started playing the game, the Google algorithms started putting Secret World walkthrough guides at the top of the search list so it kind of ruined the puzzles.

The later stages of the game were more combat/fetch focused and nowhere near as fun as the first zone.  I got through Egypt even though it was pretty lame and then made it to Transylvania before calling it quits.  I'm not a huge fan of MMOs in general and, while the Secret World started out strong, it quickly fell into the usual tropes that I don't personally care for.  Endless combat grinds.  Tedious fetch quests.  Loot drops.  Crafting (fuck me but I hate crafting.  Who the hell enjoys this stuff and why?) and players who want to do nothing other than re-run the same instance over and over and over again.  Never understood the point of this either.  You really want to endlessly re-fight the same boss monster, just for a chance of a better loot drop?  I guess people dig it, just like crafting but it's definitely not my thing. 

-budd-

Thanks for the insight, yea i'll pass, not a big MMO fan. For some reason i thought this was an open world SP game with a MP option. Concept sounds cool though. I'm one of those people that enjoy a certain amount of "crafting" in my games, pretty much a standard if your going to play open world survival games of which i have like 4EA games. It's not the crafting that will wear on me but the resource grinding that is pretty standard for open world survival games.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.