Fragged Empire on Kickstarter

Started by bayonetbrant, June 23, 2017, 08:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

Looks pretty cool

New sourcebooks for the FE rules

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

I never really cared for the Fraggles

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Seen mostly good reviews of the Fragged Empire RPG. 

Looked a bit too heavy on the steampunk theme for my tastes, however. 

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on June 23, 2017, 09:44:05 AM
How dare you.

Interesting....

Even the simple incantation "steampunk", far down here in the bowels of the tabletop section, will summon a Gus Imp.

mirth

Quote from: Nefaro on June 23, 2017, 01:45:34 PM
Even the simple incantation "steampunk", far down here in the bowels of the tabletop section, will summon a Gus Imp.

We just usually just abbreviate it to GIMP
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Bison

This one certainly looks interesting.  Have you played this one Brant?

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Bison on June 23, 2017, 06:55:48 PM
This one certainly looks interesting.  Have you played this one Brant?

No, but I've leafed through a few of them, and they look pretty cool
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Nefaro

Hrmm.....

Maybe I was thinking of a different RPG, regarding heavy steampunk theme. 

Ooops!  My summoning of the GIMP was premature.   :-"

Seems the original Fragged Empire setting was a Spacefaring sci-fi post-apoc one.  Not a fantasy+steampunk theme. 

The original setting does sound pretty cool.  I mean.. re-exploring lost interstellar civilization?  Hell yes.

This KS looks to be different settings using the same system.  Amiright?

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/151898/Fragged-Empire--Core-Rule-Book

(the DTRPG  page has video links to rules previews)

a review ~>   https://runkleplaysgames.com/2015/07/09/review-fragged-empire/

The rules sound much like a tabletop minis skirmish game.  Or as if they were created for that feel.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Nefaro on June 23, 2017, 09:52:04 PMThis KS looks to be different settings using the same system.  Amiright?
Yes, exactly

From the top of the KS page
Quote3 New sourcebooks based on the Fragged Empire RPG rule system: soulsborne-styled gothic horror, fantasy kingdom building, and pirates.

Quote from: Nefaro on June 23, 2017, 09:52:04 PMThe rules sound much like a tabletop minis skirmish game.  Or as if they were created for that feel.
Exactly, which is one of the reasons I really liked what I read and wish I'd had a chance to play it.