Steam Summer Sale Swag Thread

Started by Jarhead0331, June 22, 2017, 07:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Nefaro on June 23, 2017, 10:34:04 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on June 23, 2017, 12:37:45 AM
Tabletop Simulator
Warfighter DLC for TS

I also picked up the Warfighter DLC for Tabletop Simulator.
Yeah - it was "your fault" I got it  :P

Was discussing doing some Tabletop Simulator multi-player this weekend. 

Tuna said he picked up Darkest Night.   Fortunately for these paid DLC packs, only the MP host needs to own the game in question, so if anyone has the core TTS program, then they're in.  :bd:
Never played it so I know nothing about it.

I think a Grogheads Warfighter card game could be some laid-back fun.  Or any of those others listed.  I own the physical versions of all these & am familiar with the rules.  Although a little brush-up, beforehand, is always good.
I would love to give it a go - but I am very rusty on on the game rules and - moreover - I don't know the interface yet. So this weekend may not be a good start for me. But I'd look to at least get the interface downpat sometime and get an online gaming session going.
Alba gu' brath

Greybriar

Quote from: Gusington on June 23, 2017, 11:18:32 AM
Steam: Rails to Riches and Command & Colors: The Great War look good and I have not heard of them before this thread...post impressions!

I was thinking of getting Steam: Rails to Riches until I read on its Steam store page: Requires 3rd-Party Account: Playfab. Why isn't Steam enough?
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

jomni

CptHowdy

Quote from: Greybriar on June 24, 2017, 01:29:58 AM
Steam: Rails to Riches and Command & Colors: The Great War look good and I have not heard of them before this thread...post impressions!

I was thinking of getting Steam: Rails to Riches until I read on its Steam store page: Requires 3rd-Party Account: Playfab. Why isn't Steam enough?

3rd party account only needed for online multiplayer per one of the threads in their discussion forums at steam. other threads state multiplayer is non existant and the ai is no challenge!!

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bbmike

My second and probably final haul:

Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition
Dead Age
Dungeon Rats
Pathfinder Adventures
Halcyon 6: Starbase Commander
The Viceroy
Age of Rivals
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bbmike

Just trying to catch up to my fellow Grogheads.  <:-)
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

bbmike

Quote from: Greybriar on June 24, 2017, 01:29:58 AM

The developer says that you only need that for online multiplayer, which I'll never use.
-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

Sir Slash

Anybody know any good mods for Age of Charlemagne: Total War? I hear good things about 'Age of Vikings'. Anybody played it?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Nefaro

Quote from: JudgeDredd on June 24, 2017, 12:44:35 AM

I would love to give it a go - but I am very rusty on on the game rules and - moreover - I don't know the interface yet. So this weekend may not be a good start for me. But I'd look to at least get the interface downpat sometime and get an online gaming session going.

All you gotta do is learn the Tabletop Simulator interface/commands.  I can teach the aforementioned games to you guys (it looks to have built-in voice, but there's always Teamspeak too).

TTS even has a tutorial that will run you through the basics of manipulating game pieces, cards, dice, etc.  Also has a good little key command Help window using " / " key.

I toyed around in the Warfighter module for a bit, after doing the tutorial.  Figured out enough to play it.

I also have these other modules in it, and own the boxed versions of them too:

Zombicide
Xia: Legends of a Drift System

Xia is the only one I haven't got around to playing the physical version yet.  So it would require a longer notice, beforehand, to digest the rules again.  But it's a sandbox type of game which tends toward longer sessions anyway, so no hurry.  But Warfighter, Zombicide, and Darkest Night aren't all that difficult and I remember most of the rules to all of those from playing a few times. 

They're all Co-Op against the game system (minus Xia), so you're not gonna get smeared by someone who's played it more than you.  You'll get smeared by the automated opponent.   ^-^

kludger

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on June 23, 2017, 01:06:24 PM
Quote from: kludger on June 23, 2017, 12:35:13 PM

Space Hulk : Deathwing - I've been immersed in the Horus Heresy series the last couple of months thanks to the Humble Book Bundle a few months back, hoping Deathwing will do WH40 justice despite some iffy reviews

If you are a true servant of the Emperor, you will love it.

You're right, first impressions are really good, pretty cool to see WH40k lore come to life in first person as I walk through the gothic ships in my terminator armor exterminating xenos.

Greybriar

Re: Steam: Rails to Riches. Thanks CptHowdy and bbmike for letting me know that Playfab would only be needed for online play. O0
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

W8taminute

So far all I've gotten is 'The Grim and the Grave' DLC for Total Warhammer and 'Alea Jacta Est'. 

I want Decisive Campaigns Barbarossa and Steel Battalion but they're only discounted 50 cents off of 75 billion dollars.  Not enough to entice me in.

Going to go trade in some old console games of mine for STEAM credit however.  GameStop has a deal for members in which you get an extra 30% trade in value if you use the credit to buy STEAM cards. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

-budd-

I added The Escapists the Walking Dead to my total. not sure it counts as i bought it on Amazon because it was $.50 cheaper ;D

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.