Steam Summer Sale Swag Thread

Started by Jarhead0331, June 22, 2017, 07:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kludger

Most titles in the Steam Sale don't seem to be as heavily discounted as years back so I've been able to stay stingy, only bought 2 so far:
Space Hulk : Deathwing - I've been immersed in the Horus Heresy series the last couple of months thanks to the Humble Book Bundle a few months back, hoping Deathwing will do WH40 justice despite some iffy reviews
Stardew Valley - hoping this is sort of like Farm Sim which I like to play to relax, good reviews and good discount

Jarhead0331

Quote from: kludger on June 23, 2017, 12:35:13 PM

Space Hulk : Deathwing - I've been immersed in the Horus Heresy series the last couple of months thanks to the Humble Book Bundle a few months back, hoping Deathwing will do WH40 justice despite some iffy reviews

If you are a true servant of the Emperor, you will love it.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Tpek

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on June 23, 2017, 01:06:24 PM
Quote from: kludger on June 23, 2017, 12:35:13 PM

If you are a true servant of the Emperor, you will love it.

Has it improved in any way since its release.

I remember watching lets plays, and seeing just how untrue to the WH40K lore it was, and how it lacked actual progress (leveling up, unlocks, etc..).

DennisS

Quote from: CptHowdy on June 22, 2017, 07:55:35 PM
xcom 2 digital deluxe and 7 days to die

I am looking hard at X-Com 2. Dunno if I will snap. Xenonauts is an exceptional X-Com clone.

DennisS

Quote from: Geezer on June 23, 2017, 05:34:48 AM
Quote from: Hofstadter on June 23, 2017, 12:30:05 AM
Not a thing here that I would want.

Such discipline is admirable, but resistance is futile.  I'm looking at HOI4, Ultimate General Civil War, Sengoku Jidai Gold Bundle, and maybe Torchlight 2 but have not pulled the trigger yet.

Torchlight 2 is a fun little game. I liked both iterations.

Nefaro

Quote from: DennisS on June 23, 2017, 01:35:56 PM
Quote from: Geezer on June 23, 2017, 05:34:48 AM

Such discipline is admirable, but resistance is futile.  I'm looking at HOI4, Ultimate General Civil War, Sengoku Jidai Gold Bundle, and maybe Torchlight 2 but have not pulled the trigger yet.

Torchlight 2 is a fun little game. I liked both iterations.

#2 had much better features.   :clap:

spelk

Quote from: airboy on June 23, 2017, 11:04:47 AM
Quote from: bbmike on June 23, 2017, 08:24:21 AM
Illwinter's Floorplan Generator

Do you know of any other software like this?  Seems like a useful tool.

ProFantasy Software's Dungeon Designer (and Campaign Cartographer)

https://secure.profantasy.com/products/dd3.asp

https://secure.profantasy.com/products/cc3-plus.asp

or

Dundjinni

http://www.dundjinni.com/

Years ago, I remember making a Map and an Outpost for an RP session I was involved with..

Wolfe1759

Sengoku Jidai Gold Bundle and Monkey Island Special Edition Bundle.

And that will be absolutely, positively and definitely all that I'm buying .... until I go back onto the Steam Store Page.
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill

Arctic Blast

I just picked up Turmoil. Looks like it could be a fun little game.

Oh, and I'm issuing a full recommendation for Age of Rivals. If you like digital card games that can be played in 15-20 minutes with a light civilization theme, get it. It's fantastic.

I'm debating the DLC for Warhammer Total War, but I figure I'll actually try the damn game first and see what I think of it. That's about as close to restraint as I ever get.  :DD

BanzaiCat

Torchlight II (and I as well) was an awful lot of fun, but i remember it bogging down mid-game; the loot was of Monty Hall proportions and it started to be a headache checking out everything to see if it offered a better advantage than what I had.

Actually I was thinking about trying it again soon, because the early game is indeed quite fun.

-budd-

been awhile but i remember there was some good mods for torchlight2
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

-budd-

Quote from: Arctic Blast on June 23, 2017, 02:58:45 PM
I just picked up Turmoil. Looks like it could be a fun little game.

Oh, and I'm issuing a full recommendation for Age of Rivals. If you like digital card games that can be played in 15-20 minutes with a light civilization theme, get it. It's fantastic.

I'm debating the DLC for Warhammer Total War, but I figure I'll actually try the damn game first and see what I think of it. That's about as close to restraint as I ever get.  :DD

You know i had Age of Rivals on my wishlist for awhile, just took it off yesterday. Might have to give it another look.

BanzaiCat

Turmoil is a nice little relatively casual game. I've already put 2 hours into it.

Tosh

-budd-

I looked again at Age of Rivals and remember why i passed, i have 3 other card type games i havent put much time into, Thea;the Awakening, Gremlins, and Twilight struggle. Played a bit of Gremlins and Twilight Struggle, enjoy both of them....Gremlins is a pretty cutthroat game with good AI, Twilight Struggle i like but need to put more time in to learn the strategies.

I did get off the bench and just bought Darkest Dungeon, Steamworld Heist and Hand of Fate[another card type game] which grabbed me more than Age of Rivals.