Han Solo Movie

Started by mirth, June 22, 2017, 11:36:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Maybe one movie per year was not such a great idea.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Quote from: JasonPratt on February 05, 2018, 10:50:08 AM
It didn't have to be that way. Even with one new movie a year. I never felt burned out on the Harry Potter films, or with the Marvel films yet -- a key comparison since Disney has been running that franchise now for much longer than they've had the keys to SW.

Agreed. I don't have that feeling of weariness with the Marvel films and there have been a lot of more of those from Disney.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Sir Slash

It didn't give me a 'thrill-up' either. I think make or break of this movie is who and how well Han is played. You just can't get around this otherwise. I would like to see him pitted against some other bad guys other than Imperials or Seperatists or whatever they're called. Maybe some Space Slavers or a Bounty Hunter gangs or something less predictable. And now maybe I'll get to see if my theory is correct that Yoda is actually Han's father. "Abandoned you I did because a little bastard you were".
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Sir Slash

Slavers always make such good targets to beat-up on.  :clap:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

OJsDad

Quote from: Sir Slash on February 05, 2018, 03:14:51 PM
Slavers always make such good targets to beat-up whip on.  :clap:

FTFY.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

BanzaiCat

Saw the trailer - hope the movie lives up to the legend of the character. They don't have a great track record with that so far.

There's a compilation vid on YT with all the new movie trailers that played during the Super Bowl - most of them looked pretty bad. I had to fast forward through the M:I one, and the Jurassic Park one, as well as Red Sparrow (that one's annoying me more and more each time it pops up for some reason).

JasonPratt

There's a rumor going around that Kathleen Kennedy was fired from Disney (or at least removed from control over the Star Wars film properties) due to the Last Jedi backlashes and the expecting tanking of Solo.

I frankly take that rumor with a mountain of salt -- Kennedy has a stupidly solid and ancient track record as producer, as well as major Hollywood royalty connections, so from all directions I would expect she's unassailable, and besides the films have made beaucoups of profit (although the toy line was badly mishandled this time around). Disney does not consider TLJ a disaster and she could survive a solo disaster (har).

Still, rumor may be rumor but it's rumor.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

mirth

Totally on board with Woody Harrelson and Emilia Clarke, but this still looks weak.

mirth

And Donald Glover looks great as Lando. I guess I'm not sold on the story or Alden Ehrenreich as Solo.

Sir Slash

I don't know about Harrelson in this one. Woody doesn't give me a woody. But it does look better than last nights mess.

mirth

Woody was the best part of those stupid Hunger Games movies.  He may be Solo's only hope.

MetalDog

Woody did a great job in the first season of True Detective.  He's got the chops to pull off whatever he'd like.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Destraex

Bit over star wars movies after the last movie. Enjoying star wars rebels tv series however and loved the clone wars tv series as well

As for solo. I thought he was kicked out of your the imperial academy after being an excellent student and then feeling sorry for wookies and saving them. I had no idea he wanted to be a shit hot pilot like luke. He was more of a tactics and strategy man to my mind. I am not sure that I like the new bad boy risk taker story. Sounds like a millenial doing whatever the hell he wants and getting rewarded for it. Who knows could be good. But I also have a bad feeling. Solo seems like a complete idiot in this trailer. Another no brains rollercoaster ride?
I don't know if I can watch after lukes character was destroyed, another main character be cut off at the knees. It's like seeing the history of the world re-written. Fingers crossed though right. I will have to see it. Just to see how it all goes.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

BanzaiCat

I like that they're sticking with his Imperial roots. I read the Solo trilogy some time ago and remember his pants with the gold stripe were from his Imperial Academy days.