IAF Leader

Started by JudgeDredd, June 16, 2017, 07:07:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

That's the kind of intensity I bring to my counter clipping.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

JudgeDredd

I just wanted to say I've started popping the counters out of their sheets and man, do they pop out clean - and clipped (or whatever you lot want to call it so you're "seen" as not loving clipped counters).

Alba gu' brath

mirth

Quote from: JudgeDredd on July 01, 2017, 05:12:48 AM
I just wanted to say I've started popping the counters out of their sheets and man, do they pop out clean

It is nice how well some of the new games are die cut. No need for trimming at all  O0
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

JudgeDredd

Just as well - there's ALOT of counters  O0
Alba gu' brath

Nefaro

Quote from: JudgeDredd on July 01, 2017, 05:12:48 AM
I just wanted to say I've started popping the counters out of their sheets and man, do they pop out clean - and clipped (or whatever you lot want to call it so you're "seen" as not loving clipped counters).

Yessir!

I finally picked up Gato Leader last week.  Has the same well cut counters. 

Less wear & tear on my corner cutter tool (and my kung-fu grip).  :bd:

JudgeDredd

Just played a couple of missions of the 1948 campaign War of Independence. They were both close calls as your aircraft have a carry weight of 1. I had to take out a target that needed 3 hits with 2 aircraft with 1 weight point each!

I opted for Mk81 bombs which require an 8 to hit. Both pilots had a +1 and +2 for AtG - but that's still 7 and 8 to hit. I got all 3 hits and managed to avoid the air attacks, though one pilot suffered 1 stress.

End of the first mission, target destroyed, 4 stress for one pilot and 3 for the other (campaign has +3 stress level)

The second mission was as tight. I needed 6 hits on target but had a B-17 which had 5 weight points for weapons. It scored 4 hits. Each of the fighter bombers hit with 1 each of their Mk81s. Target destroyed and huge stress awarded again!

This looks like a good game. I'm stoked given my first two missions which show it's going to be a tight campaign. There's a lot of game in here. 9 campaigns!!
Alba gu' brath

Staggerwing

What A/Cs are included for the 1948 war? Any Israeli Messerschmitts or Flying Forts? IIRC, they also used some Dakotas as ad-hoc bombers.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

BanzaiCat

DVG sent me a copy for review for the site...it went to the house, so it'll be a week or so before I get there to get it. Wish I had it here!!!

Staggerwing

It's not available on the DVG site. Wonder if it ever will.

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Staggerwing on July 02, 2017, 04:48:41 PM
What A/Cs are included for the 1948 war? Any Israeli Messerschmitts or Flying Forts? IIRC, they also used some Dakotas as ad-hoc bombers.
I'll let you know when I get home. I can't recall off hand. Certainly Spitfires - XI I think - and a couple of B-17s (according to the campaign or rule book (can't recall), the US gave Israel 3 B-17s)
Alba gu' brath

BanzaiCat

IAF Leader's BGG page has a thread that lists all aircraft in the game, but doesn't break it down by campaign, unfortunately:

QuoteP-51D Mustang
B-17 Flying Fortress
MK.IX Spitfire
Avia S.199
Mosquito Mk.VI
Mystere Mk.IV
Ouragan
Mirage IIIC
Super Mystere
F-4 Phantom II
A-4 Skyhawk
Nesher
F-15 Eagle
F-16 Fighting Falcon
C.2 Kfir
F-35 Lightning II

Its Kickstarter page has a bit more information:

JudgeDredd

Aircraft available in 1948

Spitfire Mk IX
Avia S.199
P-51D Mustang
B-17

That's all
Alba gu' brath

BanzaiCat

The Avia wasn't a fun plane for pilots to fly back then...I wonder if it's the worse of the three fighters in the game? I can only imagine it is.

Staggerwing

Quote from: BanzaiCat on July 03, 2017, 09:14:44 AM

Avia S.199

That would be the Messerschmitt (actually a Czech-built variant re-engined with power plants from He-111s).

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Staggerwing on July 04, 2017, 12:24:36 PM
Quote from: BanzaiCat on July 03, 2017, 09:14:44 AM

Avia S.199

That would be the Messerschmitt (actually a Czech-built variant re-engined with power plants from He-111s).

Well I never knew that!
Alba gu' brath