Massive Apartment Fire in London

Started by OJsDad, June 13, 2017, 09:53:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Great example above BB. Peeps here simultaneously have my love and rage and I never met any of them in person.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Next year, I'm picking you up on the way to Origins and you're meeting a bunch of them in person.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

That sounds like a threat on multiple levels.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Steelgrave

My post was not intended to convey the thought that this thread was reserved for expressions of sympathy, although as other's have mentioned, I'm not sure where knowing someone personally involved is a prerequisite for such.

Regarding the injection of politics and religion into the discussion, it was unwarranted as far as the apartment fire went. Disagreeing with the moderator staff on that point is irrelevant, hence the notice this was a moderator comment and not something from me as an individual poster. And rest assured, no matter who takes point, we do discuss these things among ourselves when an issue pops up.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: mirth on June 19, 2017, 08:13:42 AM
Next year, I'm picking you up on the way to Origins and you're meeting a bunch of them in person.
Quote from: Gusington on June 19, 2017, 08:16:41 AM

his trunk is about Gus-sized
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Steelgrave

Quote from: bayonetbrant on June 19, 2017, 09:21:38 AM
Quote from: mirth on June 19, 2017, 08:13:42 AM
Quote from: Gusington on June 19, 2017, 08:16:41 AM

his trunk is about Gus-sized

Wondering if it's his car you're talking about......

mirth

Nice that we're all being respectful in this thread  :uglystupid2:

MikeGER

Gus, better stay away from Origins by all means ... i do!   :o

;)

Gusington

God help us all.

To steer this thread back to reality, BBC is reporting that there are still ~80 people missing as a result of this fire.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Steelgrave

Quote from: Gusington on June 19, 2017, 09:37:30 AM
God help us all.

To steer this thread back to reality, BBC is reporting that there are still ~80 people missing as a result of this fire.

Damn.....

MikeGER

Quote from: Gusington on June 19, 2017, 09:37:30 AM

the media circus and the politicians reaction shifted already their focus on the Finsbury Park incident

and while we speak a car hit a police van in Paris, and 'exploded', armed injured driver tackled and arrested, no officers harmed, situation developing....

tragic drama wheel is spinning fast this days :-\   

BanzaiCat

From the looks of the building, and how quickly it caught fire, I'm surprised there were any survivors at all. :(

Gusington

I read today at CNN that the building had no sprinkler system.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd