Black Panther

Started by OJsDad, June 10, 2017, 08:27:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

airboy

Blade 1 & 2 were very good.

You are forgetting about "I'm Gonna Get You Sucka" that defined the entire trope of Black Action Hero.

Sir Slash

But is Black Panther the first 'African' black superhero? I can't think of any others offhand. Shaka Zulu doesn't count.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

undercovergeek

Huw the Poo

Quote from: MetalDog on February 18, 2018, 07:07:15 PM
And 3 had Parker Posey.

Damn, I didn't know that!  I never did see the sequels for whatever reason but now I may have to. :)

bbmike

Quote from: Huw the Poo on February 18, 2018, 06:54:32 PM
Blade is fantastic.  I just introduced my daughter to it a few weeks ago and really enjoyed watching it again.  Wesley Snipes is beyond cool in that role, and the cinematography is absolutely amazing.

+1. I have the DVD around here somewhere. I think it might be time to watch it again to see if I still feel the same about it.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

BanzaiCat

Just got back from seeing it. I thought it was pretty good. RLM was correct, in some ways. The bad guy was interesting, but his motivations were not at all unique or fresh (typical revenge stuff, nothing new here).

I wish I hadn't seen the Ugandan Knuckles memes before seeing this, because...

...if you last longer than 30 seconds, you're braver than I.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus