Van Mows Down 20 People on London Bridge

Started by Atilla60, June 03, 2017, 05:21:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bob48

...or use Google.....

Howay the lads  ;D
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Zulu1966

Unlike these fuckers
Daily Mail: Saudi soccer team refuse to stand for London victims.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4584294/Saudi-soccer-team-refuse-stand-London-victims.html
Says so much.  But we won't learn.
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Sir Slash

Saudi Arabia has a soccer team?  :o   What, do they drive around in golf carts and stop to have the drivers get out and kick the ball when they get to it? That actually might make soccer interesting to watch.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MikeGER

tells it all!
even if the players were not informed/briefed on opening procedure   they could just have mirrored the behavior of the other team (standing as a looser group near the circle and with a puzzled expression looking around and to the coach for advice) That is what normally people would do
...that was clearly deliberat!

Saudi Arabia can shove their apologies elsewhere.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Sir Slash on June 08, 2017, 09:58:15 PMSaudi Arabia has a soccer team? 

They're actually not half-bad within the AFC, but as soon as they get to the World Cup, they get clobbered by real teams.

But plenty of other teams have noted their attitude of arrogance and self-entitlement, even after being on the losing end of 5-0 and 7-0 drubbings.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Ubercat

I work with an 82 year old retired USAF pilot who also had several other fascinating careers after retiring from the service. He lived in SA for years and has told me tales of the mostly utter uselessness and arrogance of most Sunni (Saudi) Arabs.

He also spent time in Iran and was much more impressed with the Iranians and their Shiite/Persian culture, though he's equally disgusted with their government as he is with SA's.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Ubercat on June 09, 2017, 08:45:33 AMI work with an 82 year old retired USAF pilot who also had several other fascinating careers after retiring from the service. He lived in SA for years and has told me tales of the mostly utter uselessness and arrogance of most Sunni (Saudi) Arabs.

When I was at Ft Knox, I played for the base soccer team.  We used to practice out on the big parade ground in the middle of the base, and on the soccer goals next to ours, a bunch of the foreign students would have their regular afternoon pickup games - a mixture of Saudis, Kuwaitis, and Egyptians, mostly.

One afternoon during one of our water breaks, one of their guys started talking some shit, so our 'coach' (really just the longest-tenured player on the team, but a great player and later a carded USSF coach) tells them to lace up and we'll play them in a scrimmage.
About 15 minutes in, and 5 or so goals for us, one of their guys starts claiming every move we make is a foul.  Guy takes the ball away from him - it's a foul.  Guy runs past him - it's a foul.  Someone sneezes near him - it's a foul. 

I made some sort of not-quite-under-my-breath comment about "FFS, just because you suck doesn't mean we're fouling you."
One of their players heard me and next time he kind of jogged past me, he said "He's Saudi, he's not used to people who don't let him win."
Apparently that guy was Egyptian and had been dealing with the other guy's crap on the soccer field for about 6 months.

bayonetbrant

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/jun/07/spaniard-ignacio-echeverria-confirmed-as-killed-in-london-attack

Spanish guy took on the attackers in the Borough Market, with his skateboard

QuoteEcheverría, who was from Madrid but lived in London and worked for HSBC, has been hailed as the "skateboard hero" because of his efforts to fight back against the attackers.

Guillermo Sánchez, a fellow Spaniard who had been skating near Tate Modern with Echeverría and another friend, told Spain's El País that the trio had been on their way to have dinner in Whitechapel when they came across a man staggering through Borough Market.

At first, they thought he was drunk, but then they saw a police officer collapse to the ground and a woman being assaulted.

"I'm focusing on her and then, suddenly, I see that Ignacio's there, starting to hit [the attackers] with his skateboard," Sánchez told the paper.

"Then he falls to the ground – I don't know how – I don't know if he's slipped or whatever, but he falls."

After what Sánchez described as "microseconds", he saw Echeverría lying on his back while one of the attackers stabbed him and the others stood close by. He said the terrorists were armed with carving knives.

"The last thing I remember is Ignacio, lying there still conscious and clutching his skateboard."

Fearing for his life, Sánchez threw the bike he had been riding at the attackers and ran off with his other friend. They tried to turn back to help Echeverría, but were moved away by police.

Gusington

He and Capt. Fuck You I'm Milwall have to get together.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Ubercat

I think he's dead. The account is from the friend, who ran away.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Too bad that wasn't one of those .45cal armed skateboards. The kids in my neighborhood all have them.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Nefaro

Quote from: Zulu1966 on June 08, 2017, 02:43:30 PM

Says so much.  But we won't learn.

That's the current situation.  In a nutshell.