Massive truck bomb in Kabul, originally intended for Green Zone

Started by JasonPratt, May 31, 2017, 07:24:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

http://webcenters.netscape.compuserve.com/news/world/story/0002/20170531/KBN18R0DT_14

The perps detonated it in rush hour near a number of foreign embassies instead, 80 dead hundreds wounded. Tried to get into the Green Zone but was refused entry. Taliban condemns the attack; ISIS hasn't taken responsibility yet (apparently).
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

JasonPratt

It's a sad reminder that most terrorist attacks (nowadays anyway) happen in the terrorists' home areas.  :-\

The German ambassador stated that their commitment to making Germany the home are of many young men from radicalized areas of the Middle East, remains strong. ...whoops, I meant, that their commitment to helping fight the Taliban in Afghanistan remains strong. But we know the other is true, too. ;) (That really was what popped through my head when I started reading the statement from a German official, though.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!