"Bloody" Day at ESPN today

Started by bayonetbrant, April 26, 2017, 10:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

OJsDad

Looks like they should of added one more to the list

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/more-sports/espn-ryen-russillo-arrested-criminal-entry-charge-article-1.3436269

ESPN Radio host Ryen Russillo arrested after police find him drunk and naked in stranger's condo: report

QuoteRyen Russillo was arrested for criminal entry in Wyoming early Wednesday morning, after police reportedly found him "highly intoxicated" and naked in a stranger's condo.

Two people were sleeping in Jackson, Wyo., when they heard someone enter their residence, according to Jackson Hole News & Guide. They asked the ESPN host to leave, but he did not.

Police arrived shortly afterward and arrested him, the report said.

"Occupants pointed the suspect out who was found in a bedroom," Jackson Police Lt. Roger Schultz told the publication, who added that Russillo didn't know where he was and appeared "to have just walked in" the possibly unlocked condo.

"He couldn't coherently answer any questions," said Schultz, referring to Russillo as "intoxicated."

The affidavit states: "Officers found the defendant, later identified as Ryen August Russillo, lying on the bed in the south bedroom naked except for his pants around his ankles."

Russillo, 42, was reportedly taken into police custody at 3:45 a.m. Wednesday and being held in the Teton County Sheriff's Office. He now has to post a bond and if he doesn't, he'll face a judge within 48 hours.

Criminal entry in Wyoming is a misdemeanor that's punishable up to six months in prison or a $750 fine.

Russillo had tweeted a photo from the West Coast this week when he shared a picture of Lava Lake in Montana.

He has been a part of ESPN Radio since 2006. From 2009-2015, Russillo co-hosted "The Scott Van Pelt Show" alongside Scott Van Pelt.

When Van Pelt left for "SportsCenter" in 2015, Russillo paired up with Danny Kanell for "Russillo and Kanell" from 2015-2017.

Russillo survived the ESPN layoffs in April and May, but his radio partner did not. At the time, rumors were going around he was going to have a lesser role at the network, which he shot down immediately on the air.

ESPN has said it is"looking into the report."
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bayonetbrant

He's actually one of their better on air radio guys. He's not one to make ridiculous hot takes, and is very knowledgeable of a lot of the nuances of the rules and contracts and deals, especially with the NBA
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

Russillo ruined Van Pelt's show by being on it.  Then committed the cardinal sin of teaming up with that SEC hater, Kanell.  I do not wish him any harm or ill will, but, if he doesn't come back to ESPN, maybe now I can go back to listening during his time slot.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

You know Kanell is gone, right? 

MetalDog

I do.  But Russillo was still there.  Filling the time slot I used to take so much joy out of hearing Van Pelt, solo, in.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

airboy

bayonetbrant

See, we took very different things out of that article.

I read that the hosts are trying to dial it back out of deference to the show. (Admittedly I hardly ever watch as I don't enjoy Hill & Smith)

airboy

Quote from: bayonetbrant on September 14, 2017, 09:55:58 PM
See, we took very different things out of that article.

I read that the hosts are trying to dial it back out of deference to the show. (Admittedly I hardly ever watch as I don't enjoy Hill & Smith)

I'm seeing espn with a double-standard.  A right leaning public statement gets you fired, but a leftist rant does not.  I'm also seeing a lot more focus on athlete social media b.s. and less on on field performance.  I stopped viewing sports shows years ago.  I only read game reports on espn now.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: airboy on September 14, 2017, 10:49:15 PMA right leaning public statement gets you fired, but a leftist rant does not.
http://www.businessinsider.com/espn-jemele-hill-curt-schilling-perceived-liberal-bias-2017-9

Quote from: airboy on September 14, 2017, 10:49:15 PMI'm also seeing a lot more focus on athlete social media b.s. and less on on field performance.  I stopped viewing sports shows years ago.  I only read game reports on espn now.
When the highlights are nearly-instantly available on Twitter or the team's websites (usually before the game is even done) the highlight shows need something else to fill the time.  People weren't watching highlights anymore so they tried something different.  With even fewer watching now, perhaps they'll change track again

airboy

I'm a non social media using dinosaur who wants to see highlights.  I will sometimes watch the SEC review show on the SEC network just to keep up with how all of the teams are doing.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: airboy on September 15, 2017, 02:47:50 PM
I'm a non social media using dinosaur who wants to see highlights.  I will sometimes watch the SEC review show on the SEC network just to keep up with how all of the teams are doing.

You should check out The Rally on watchstadium.com (or the Stadium TV channel, if you get it on one of your HD subchannels w/ the antenna)
I've been impressed with how well they give you highlights and some light analysis without going overboard on schtick or sermonizing

if you're in range of either of these, you can get it over-the-air for free
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stadium_(sports_network)#Alabama

bbmike

^If only someone would report the news like that...
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

bayonetbrant

Quote from: bbmike on September 15, 2017, 04:37:10 PM
^If only someone would report the news like that...

someone does - they're just hard to find unless you have an antenna