Alligator climbs flight of stairs and camps out on porch

Started by steve58, April 18, 2017, 12:02:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

This story has gone slightly viral since Easter morning.  Its made the Drudgreport, local radio, saw it myself last night on our local ABC station up here in northern Virginia and even Inside Addition has called the homeowner...who just so happens to be my little sister.  (just now saw it on Foxnews.com as well ::))

By the way, that porch sits about 15ft above ground so that gator had to do quite a climb. 

My sister is quite the cat lover.  Every morning round 5:30a on his way out to work, my brother-in-law lets the cats out on to that porch.  Good thing she fell asleep watching TV and heard the gator racket.  She would not have been at all happy had her kitties become a gator breakfast.  :hide:

http://www.postandcourier.com/news/alligator-climbs-to-a-second-story-mount-pleasant-porch-through/article_62f3764c-238a-11e7-9bb4-eb7197b7df98.html
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Nefaro

Was that gator staking out the place beforehand, planning a possible kitty breakfast?  :-\

Sir Slash

Living in Fla. we are well aware alligators are much better climbers than most people think. They climb trees, chain length fences, stairs, and even brick walls sometimes. It usually involves breeding and or a search for water. It's very dry right now everywhere here. But sometimes they do it just to show-off I think. And so they can..... drop on their prey! Made you look up!  :2funny:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

airboy

Gator thought your little sister was running a take-out service.
:)

Nefaro

Quote from: airboy on April 19, 2017, 10:39:29 AM
Gator thought your little sister was running a take-out service.
:)

Would you like a side of kitten with that, meow?