Started by bayonetbrant, April 15, 2017, 08:02:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob48

I cant see that happening.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Sir Slash

I saw what you did there Bob. Or saw what you didn't see there.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

bayonetbrant

Season 2 on Netflix starting tonight!
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

Finished Season 2 last night

Still fun, but some of the Fillorian Kingdom stuff is getting a little silly
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Staggerwing

I just started season 1. I'm about 3 or 4 eps in. Is all that Fillory stuff as prominent in the books?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Staggerwing on December 23, 2017, 02:35:23 PM
I just started season 1. I'm about 3 or 4 eps in. Is all that Fillory stuff as prominent in the books?

Didn't read the books, so I don't know

jamus34

Actually more so in the books.

And the show Quentin is much more likable than the book Quentin.
Insert witty comment here.

Nefaro

Quote from: jamus34 on December 23, 2017, 04:08:47 PM
Actually more so in the books.

And the show Quentin is much more likable than the book Quentin.

Ouch.

That's not saying much, is it?   :))

bayonetbrant

new season starts tonight :)

airboy

My wife and I watched Season 1 and thought there was way too much gratuitous sex than was needed for the plot.  Quenton reminds both of us of a very neurotic roommate I had as an undergrad for a year.

It is very dark, violent, with plenty of cursing and drug use.  One character will use any kind altering substance he can.  Another self-medicates to control the voices in his head.  Child abuse and murder of children is a major plot element towards the end of season one.

It is interesting but very dark.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: airboy on January 16, 2018, 12:52:53 AM
My wife and I watched Season 1 and thought there was way too much gratuitous sex than was needed for the plot.  Quenton reminds both of us of a very neurotic roommate I had as an undergrad for a year.

It is very dark, violent, with plenty of cursing and drug use.  One character will use any kind altering substance he can.  Another self-medicates to control the voices in his head.  Child abuse and murder of children is a major plot element towards the end of season one.

It is interesting but very dark.
Netflix you say?  >:D
Alba gu' brath

bayonetbrant

Yeah, the first couple of episodes aren't too bad, but when they spend an entire episode on 'sex magic' it gets pretty sweaty in a hurry.

As noted at the top of the thread, after the first 2-3 episodes, I was still willing to let my son watch the show.  By about episode 6, nope.

Staggerwing

I just finished season 2. Looking forward to 3.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus