Fly the Friendly Skies

Started by mirth, April 10, 2017, 11:45:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

Get used to being beaten up while you are 're-accommodated'.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

I'll have to make sure not to wear leggings as well.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

trailrunner

Saw a funny meme but don't know how to post an image from my iPhone here.

Sir Slash

Good thing the poor guy didn't steal a magazine. They probably would've just shot him right there.  :wow:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

ArizonaTank

I've had two round-trips on United in the last month...total seven flights when you consider connections. 

Of those, six where delayed.  In one, we sat on the runway at Newark for an hour...no explanation, just a token "sorry". 

All flights were booked to the gills, and very crowded.  In one, a lady started freaking out during deplaning, saying she was "suffocating" and had to leave.  Fortunately, the people up front, just let her pass. 

Anyway, after my experience I was already thinking that I would stick to Southwest when I can.  The news this week just cements that. 
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

JudgeDredd

I know airlines overbook. I don't understand why (if they book and someone doesn't turn up, then it's money for them (they still have the money for the ticket AND the flight is lighter).

Still - I know they overbook, but my question is why did it result in people being removed? Surely it's a first come first serve policy. So people turning up late (who may have paid more than that guy for their ticket) just have to suck it up because - well - they were later than everyone else who got on?

So sure - over book - but make your policy first come, first arse in the seat and if you want to make sure you GET your arse on the over booked flight, then get there early.

You never know - they might actually be able to start taking off on time more often as people are determined to get on the flight they want.
Alba gu' brath

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

United figuring out who gets bumped?

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

bayonetbrant

bayonetbrant

OJsDad

So, now some think this guy was chosen because he's Chinese   #:-)

I have no sympathy for the bad PR that United is getting over this, but after listening to that guy scream like he was a wounded cat, maybe United did pick the right person. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

mirth