Random World Generator,leave notes at locations,editable item lists etc...

Started by gameleaper, April 09, 2017, 07:07:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gameleaper

https://numbergamer8.itch.io/random-world-builder

this is a special RPG aide, that randomly generates terrain type, location information, you can add notes to each locattion, NPCs PC treasure and enemies numbers are generated, it maps the world and pathways, its free for windows.

bbmike

I think this is good for a solo RPG session. So far one thing that I can think of that might help is that if you enter text or something on a square, an icon should be left there to remind you that you edited it (also helps to find the square again).
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

gameleaper

you can leave text on each location, it dosnt appear on the square its on the right, your realy right about leaving an icon on the square, leaving text on the icon may be more of a problem. that's a great idea leaving an icon.

I just added an egyption border around the map and it looks great but no allowed to share the art , here a link to what I'm using
https://www.123rf.com/stock-photo/ancient_egyptian_wall_art.htm

bb thankyou you see what I cannot

gameleaper

gameleaper

I just added a ! where you have added a text entry, but I think an icon you choose would be good and I believe that's what you meant, I shall give it a go now thx bb

gameleaper

Quote from: bbmike on April 11, 2017, 08:08:43 AM
I think this is good for a solo RPG session. So far one thing that I can think of that might help is that if you enter text or something on a square, an icon should be left there to remind you that you edited it (also helps to find the square again).

ok, I did it :) , 20 different icons can be chosen and dropped on a location, aswell as a text indicator, this is vastly improved gameplay.

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

gameleaper

thx bb.

did you know there arnt many GM tools like this, the last time I looked you cant even buy much like this.

The tiles in this app can be altered a bit, so you could have a different look.