The Dark Tower

Started by mirth, March 28, 2017, 11:38:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbmike

Quote from: JasonPratt on March 29, 2017, 11:32:32 AM
Quote from: bbmike on March 28, 2017, 06:47:57 PM
When I hear Dark Tower all I can think of is this game I played the hell out of in the 80's:

Someone released a highly scripted and faithful Tabletop Simulator module for that recently.

Ha! Hopefully it includes all of the cheesy sounds.  :P
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Staggerwing

Quote from: bob48 on March 29, 2017, 07:42:54 AM
Quote from: Staggerwing on March 28, 2017, 06:37:17 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on March 28, 2017, 03:31:03 PM
Been so long since reading the series, I don't even remember most specifics. 

There's always "Beans, beans, the musical fruit..."

ftfy

..the more you eat, the more you toot.

Sorry, must have been some cross-pollination from my grade-school memories of the song.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

JasonPratt

Quote from: bbmike on March 29, 2017, 12:51:31 PM
Quote from: JasonPratt on March 29, 2017, 11:32:32 AM
Quote from: bbmike on March 28, 2017, 06:47:57 PM
When I hear Dark Tower all I can think of is this game I played the hell out of in the 80's:

Someone released a highly scripted and faithful Tabletop Simulator module for that recently.

Ha! Hopefully it includes all of the cheesy sounds.  :P

It does indeed! -- up to and including the grinding of the motor as the internal 'faces' of the tower rotate to light up the appropriate screens.

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bob48

I may very well read the whole series again; including book 4.1/2, although it adds nothing to the main story line.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

mirth

I'm going to have to give it another try.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

bbmike

So it's Blade meets Lord of the Rings meets Wild, Wild West?
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

JasonPratt

Starring Stacker Pentecost as "Heimdall the Gunslinger"
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

mirth

Which is pretty effing awesome

Sir Slash

Wait. I thought Frodo destroyed the Dark Tower when he threw the One Ring into the fires of Mt. Doom? Maybe that was a 'decoy' tower to fool them.  ???  The damned thing never looked too stable to me anyway. And with those big, black Dragon-Things landing and taking off all the time, no wonder it was falling apart. Trump could've fixed it up though.  :nerd:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mirth

Sir Slash

Ok. Kind of Planescape Torment meets The High-Plains Drifter? Could work. And maybe very well too. Thanks for the link Mirth.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

^ Oh, that's a good mix!  O0 The series is also kind of a nexus for a unified Kingiverse.

Sir Slash

But no Killer-Clowns!  :knuppel2: