2017 Fantasy Baseball League

Started by bayonetbrant, March 05, 2017, 10:38:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

MetalDog

Ok.  Then we need one more.  And if Brian is willing, and I haven't already missed him in the managers tab, please ask him to join us, Brant.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

Lemme check and see.  Brian is Stephen's son.  Stephen is the Red Sox homer.  Tho to be fair, he is from New England originally.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Marty Ward

I can play if you need 1 more person. I won't be as active as in the past but I'll fill out the league.
If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

If women had apostrophes instead of periods they would be even more possessive!

bayonetbrant

Good, b/c Stephen said Brian "has a hate-hate relationship going on with baseball right now"
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

Marty, I was pretty sure you were already in, no?  Aren't you Heebie Jeebies?

Marty Ward

If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

MetalDog

Excellent!  We sure would like you to play, but, if you would rather not, that's ok, too.  Please try to let me know soon though.  I have to schedule the draft at Yahoo and times are filling up rapidly.

Marty Ward

I'll play if you need to round out the league. I always auto draft so whenever you schedule it will be fine.

MetalDog

Glad to have you, Marty!

So, the league is set.  We have 12 teams and the draft is set for Sunday, March 26 at 5 p.m. CST.  There is still time for me to change that, but, I would need to know by the end of today in order to do that.  Please let me know if that time is no good.  If I don't hear from you, I am going to assume you will be there or are happy autodrafting.

bayonetbrant

I will try to be there, but will be happy autodrafting if not.

MetalDog

Not sure if I posted this upthread, but, the changes made are these:

2 divisions instead of 1

100 moves per season up from 40

Unlimited amount of moves per week

Playoffs will be Weeks 23, 24, 25 now that there are 12 teams and 6 make it

2 more Bench spots

Minimum Innings Pitched moved up to 25 from 20

Pretty sure that covers it all.  Remember, the draft is today at 5 p.m. CST.  Good luck and happy drafting!

OJsDad

With the increase in inning pitch, you weren't going to add another SP and or RP slot?
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

MetalDog

If I had made it 30 I would have.  Even someone who doesn't keep up theoretically has their Starting Pitchers pitch 2 or 3 times a week total.  At an average of 6 IP per start, that's an average of 15 or so Innings.  Your RP theoretically chip in 3 to 5 innings.  So, at a minimum, you should get around 18 innings for free.  Even those who set their lineups once a week on Wednesdays should be able to cover 25 innings pretty easily.  And to be honest, having a higher IP requirement means less chance of losing the pitching categories to someone who drops out completely.  Which is what I am trying to avoid.  Noone likes to lose to someone who isn't even trying :)

MetalDog

Thank you to all who participated in the live draft and all of you for joining the league this year!  I wish you all the best of luck and see you in the playoffs!!