"Feeling Old" 2017 Edition

Started by mirth, January 24, 2017, 12:34:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Pete Dero

I don't remember why this was popular 30 years ago in Europe.

mirth

^I can think of a couple reasons
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MetalDog

Dark Helmet's helmet was up for sale on ebay recently.  70k I heard was the asking price.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

mirth

gameleaper

I still remember watching felix the cat as a nipper, and tin tin, and cholton and the wheelies, mr Ed, champoion the wonder horse, casey jones, boris the bold,

bayonetbrant

Diana Rigg is one of the most entertaining parts of Game of Thrones
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bbmike

Quote from: bayonetbrant on July 28, 2017, 05:02:42 AM

I need to add that show to my 'to watch' list.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

BanzaiCat

Quote from: bayonetbrant on July 28, 2017, 05:02:42 AM

I'm glad you said that. Her face in that pic looked really damned familiar. I've been rewatching GoT and finally just started Season 6, which I've not seen before. And damn, that's her. How bout that.

MetalDog

You really want to blow your mind, click through the link for the side by each pics of Diana Riggs and Natalie Dormer (Margarey Tyrell).

http://thronesrealm.com/26-mind-blowing-game-thrones-facts/

BanzaiCat

Quote from: MetalDog on July 28, 2017, 10:07:14 PM
You really want to blow your mind, click through the link for the side by each pics of Diana Riggs and Natalie Dormer (Margarey Tyrell).

http://thronesrealm.com/26-mind-blowing-game-thrones-facts/

Thanks for that, MD. Couple of good ones there. The one I don't get is how Peter Dinklage is going to get screen time in the Infinity Wars movie...he of course was in the remade X-Men, but I wonder if that means he's playing Trask again or doing something else? I don't know of any midget superheroes in the Marvel universe, though no doubt someone here knows that answer...

MetalDog

Brant posted that link in the GoT thread.  It's spooky how much they look alike.  The only height challenged super hero that came to mind was Puck from Alpha Flight.  It's what I imagine Gus looks like.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: BanzaiCat on July 28, 2017, 10:48:27 PMI wonder if that means he's playing Trask again or doing something else?

he can't play Trask in an MCU flick b/c of the X-Men/everyone else licensing split.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers