Which RPG? Vote!

Started by Nefaro, January 17, 2017, 03:00:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

My main concern about running an FFG Star Wars Play-By-Post game is the dice rolling.  While the dice roller site I found, with linkable results, is a great resource for doing so it would be too easy to abuse if the temptation arises.  I don't expect it to be a common problem with people, here, but it's not exactly ideal.  There is also the chance that such a site disappears overnight, which would suck when in the middle of a session.

Would like to give SW a shot sometime, though.  If it proves troublesome, I can always later do The One Ring, which uses normal dice and isn't very "crunchy", or the new Conan one since it's system kinda evolved from the FFG Star Wars & WFRP ones, but uses regular rpg dice and is somewhere in between.  Also think a Deadlands Reloaded game would have more comedy-horror-western potential, around these parts, but wouldn't wanna go too oddball too early.  ;D

Nefaro

More detailed look at the SW basics:

Nefaro

Well..

Seems to be down to the Star Wars RPG with The One Ring coming in at second.

If I start a Star Wars PbP, would everyone want to start with a Force Sensitive character, and the Light/Dark side aspect that goes with it?

Or would you rather just be a group of law-skirting smugglers, bounty hunters, fringers, etc, with some kind of debt to pay or favors owed?

mirth

I vote for Force Sensitive.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bbmike

I'll second that Dark Side dude's vote.  O0
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

BanzaiCat

Force Sensitive is a great idea, but not for all the characters, IMO anyway.

mirth

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on February 02, 2017, 10:44:43 AM

Yousa can be Jar Jar Banzai_Cat

BanzaiCat

Id'sa rathersa custo my wristos.

Bison

Somebody posted a video link wrong.  :)

Nefaro

Quote from: Bison on February 02, 2017, 12:23:29 PM
Somebody posted a video link wrong.  :)

Works fine for me!   :P

Quote from: mirth on February 02, 2017, 10:46:48 AM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on February 02, 2017, 10:44:43 AM

Yousa can be Jar Jar Banzai_Cat

Self-liberated Droid  IG-0P3-0NU.  Who dislikes being touched by salivating meat-things made of meat.

BanzaiCat