Blade Runner 2049

Started by mirth, December 19, 2016, 02:10:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

airboy

My wife wants to see it - but she likes visual candy.  I'll probably get bored.

If you want entertaining popcorn flick, go see Kingsman 2 in the theater.

Nefaro

Quote from: MikeGER on October 11, 2017, 09:23:53 AM
acctingman, don't worry 
you may like it, now were you don't expect a casual fast paced SiFi action firework

there is action too, suspense, shootouts, chases and even a chuckle-moment here and there too.
the artifical-holoprojection girlfriend of the protagonist is hot and also the female killer, who is always about to get him, has something... i dig her more then the silly puppet, (i like cold and dangerous women ;) ) 
the Bladerunner world is plausible and immersive.

but it is slow paced, scenes often even very slow compared to contemporary standards of only split-seconds long scenes edited together, inspired by MTV music video clip art.

i didn't felt the 2h 44 minutes , was never bored, but at the end exhausted not refreshed, more thoughtful then unwinded.

Agreed.

Including the dark-haired replicant lady named, "Luv".  Same tastes, I suppose.   ;D    >:D

MikeGER

Quote from: Nefaro on October 11, 2017, 07:20:44 PM

Including the dark-haired replicant lady named, "Luv".  Same tastes, I suppose.   ;D    >:D

....the secret is
Luv's face is given by a 34y old Dutch ! model /actress (who is actual blond! , atm)  ...go figure

Sir Slash

Is that the Brandenburg Gate she's standing in front of? Is this turning into a German/Nazi conspiracy thing? Cause in that tight, leathery outfit she could be a really hot Gestapo agent. She could beat me with a rubber hose!  :D
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Nefaro

Quote from: Sir Slash on October 12, 2017, 10:08:45 AM
She could beat me with a rubber hose!  :D

Ohhhh.... I think you'd also really like her in the movie. 

;D

Sir Slash

Really!? Should I bring my own rubber hose or does she carry?  ^-^
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Nefaro

Quote from: Sir Slash on October 12, 2017, 02:14:06 PM
Really!? Should I bring my own rubber hose or does she carry?  ^-^

Don't need one at all.  She can give a similar effect with the stern looks she pulls off.   ^-^

Nefaro

Stern.. and rather psycho.. looks.

I'm all..     :hide:   :dreamer:     :hide:    :dreamer:

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Sir Slash

She looks angry enough to pass for a Lesbian Vampire.  <:-)

Nefaro

Quote from: Sir Slash on October 12, 2017, 06:45:56 PM
She looks angry enough to pass for a Lesbian Vampire.  <:-)

More like a Bunny Boiler with issues.

;)

Barthheart

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

JudgeDredd

I really liked this - and I wasn't a huge fan of the first one, having only seen it a year or so ago for the first time.

But this one  O0 O0 O0
Alba gu' brath

SirAndrewD

Finally got to see it today.  The movie's freaking awesome. 

The ad campaign was absolutely not representative of the final product, if that's holding anyone back. 

It may be a bit slow for some people's tastes, it gravitates a lot more towards philosophical questions and detective work than action or excitement.  It doesn't hold the audience's hand or even tie up a lot of loose ends.  It's both an ugly and beautiful thing at the same time, intentionally. 

Not at all surprised it's failing at the box office though.  It has a distinct lack of frenetic action with explosions, body humor, zany sidekicks and sight gags.

Anyway, if you love Science Fiction Drama with a touch of film noir, I can't recommend it enough.   
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback