Spider-Man: Homecoming

Started by OJsDad, December 09, 2016, 08:20:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

Could be the new Buffy the Vampire Slayer.  :bd:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

LET THE GUSHING COME HOME!  :D

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

mirth

I'm pretty psyched about this one. Maybe more so than any other superhero flick this year.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Sir Slash

Buffy the Wall-Crawler? That could definitely work. I'd pay an extra buck at the ticket booth to see Stark get Bitch-slapped by Vulture. Just once.  :dreamer:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mirth

It's worth seeing an any MCU movie if Stark is getting his ass kicked.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

JasonPratt

Early reviews suggest Vulture is one of the top MCU villain roles so far. Consider my mind  blown.  :o

But obviously it's because the MCU writers are told to care about character work and fun.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

mirth

Quote from: JasonPratt on June 29, 2017, 03:50:14 PM
Early reviews suggest Vulture is one of the top MCU villain roles so far.

That's kind of a  low bar. So far you've had Loki and....not much else.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: mirth on June 29, 2017, 03:53:28 PM
Quote from: JasonPratt on June 29, 2017, 03:50:14 PM
Early reviews suggest Vulture is one of the top MCU villain roles so far.

That's kind of a  low bar. So far you've had Loki and....not much else.

Kingpin was really strong on Daredevil, but yeah, I'd have to agree. 

One of Marvel's biggest problems is that many of its strongest villains are tied up in the film rights to Fantastic Four and X-Men, which they don't own.  At least now they have a few good Spiderman villains back. 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

mirth

Kingpin was strong. I was thinking of the movies. The TV villians have generally been better than their movie counterparts.

Sir Slash

I've just fallen in love with Daredevil on Netflix-- started Season 2 and up to episode 4. Damn, it's good! Isn't Vulture and Hawk kind of the same character? A guy in a giant bird flying suit?

BanzaiCat

Daredevil has a very slow start...sort of like Iron Fist...but they both rev up well.

Sir Slash

Very true. After it got going good, members of the family would walk by the TV while it was on and ask, "What's that show"? I'd say Daredevil and they'd say, "I think I would like that". I never told them it's a Super Hero show or they would probably run.

JasonPratt

Quote from: Sir Slash on June 29, 2017, 09:45:48 PM
I've just fallen in love with Daredevil on Netflix-- started Season 2 and up to episode 4. Damn, it's good! Isn't Vulture and Hawk kind of the same character? A guy in a giant bird flying suit?

Falcon, and yes basically. Except traditionally Vulture is much, much older. Over time he has tech'd up a lot to try to overcome this (and got a youth-sucking device for a while, if I hazily remember.)

The MCU should introduce some popular character actor, who isn't doing much at any time and can be called in for an easy paycheck, to be the Tinkerer: one of the old-school Marvel villains who sets up the tech for a lot of the tech-based villains.

JasonPratt

I had my parents convinced Daredevil was a quirky lawyer show of the sort they like, except darker with more organized crime.  >:D

JasonPratt

Meanwhile, the reviews for Homecoming keep on winning so strong that it would get boring posting up reviews.  O0