Carrier Deck (announced at Matrixgames)

Started by steve58, December 07, 2016, 02:14:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Tamas on June 22, 2017, 05:15:47 AM
Quote from: Yskonyn on June 22, 2017, 03:16:37 AM
I picked this up on iOS. Very fun game with good animations, but aparently this game isn't pilot proof...  O:-)
I run into trouble in mission 2 of the 1st campaign after the tutorial;

You get several cargo aircraft inbound which I can unload and send on their merry way without any problem, but once the enemy aircraft start showing up I am not sure why my Hornets won't launch?
I have them prepped 'Red' for Air. I assign a target in the queue window, then clear a red Hornet to the catapult, but when I want to launch the launch arrows aren't there and instead I get a red rectangle.
Clearly red means no-go, but I can't see why! Did you guys experience this?

We have just released a patch for the game on Steam (standalone version and iOS to follow shortly) that among other things, tries to give you an explanation on why planes can't take off, hopefully that will make these situations clearer.

In your specific case, a reason could be that a cargo mission is ahead in the queue. You need to launch the planes in mission order, first one being on the right edge of the mission list.

Yes. It took me awhile to figure this out. Aircraft must be launched in their order within the mission que. I thought this element was very gamey, but it does add another level of strategy making the game more intense.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Yskonyn

Ah ok, thanks. I think the tutorial actually tells you this, no that I think of it.
Anyway, it seems weird that I can't use a free catapult to launch priority missions, or just launch missions in whatever sequence as long as a catapult is free.
What I can imagine is that a certain catapult would be off limits to use because of conflicting traffic coming in or launching. That would be a more logical way, at least for me.
Anyway, its a system I will get used to. Thanks for clearing it up!  O0
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Tamas

Quote from: Yskonyn on June 22, 2017, 05:49:54 AM
Ah ok, thanks. I think the tutorial actually tells you this, no that I think of it.
Anyway, it seems weird that I can't use a free catapult to launch priority missions, or just launch missions in whatever sequence as long as a catapult is free.
What I can imagine is that a certain catapult would be off limits to use because of conflicting traffic coming in or launching. That would be a more logical way, at least for me.
Anyway, its a system I will get used to. Thanks for clearing it up!  O0

No worries.

It is worth mentioning, that it IS possible to be unable to launch from a couple of catapults due to other planes being in the way:
-The one on the upper end of the carrier can be blocked by planes on the two parking slots next to it (the two upper leftmost ones)
-and, the helicopters on the helo launch positions block the bottom catapult from launching

BanzaiCat

I'd love to give this a try, even do a write-up for the site if it were possible to get a review copy of it?

Tamas

Quote from: BC on June 22, 2017, 10:37:16 AM
I'd love to give this a try, even do a write-up for the site if it were possible to get a review copy of it?

I'll run it by Marketing :)