Main Menu

Cold Waters

Started by Thomasew, September 28, 2016, 09:55:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

Wow. That's a hell of an update for free.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mbar

mirth

You don't see that word very often these days.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

mikeck

Quote from: Nefaro on January 21, 2018, 06:04:57 PM
Quote from: Toonces on January 20, 2018, 11:50:23 PM
Heh.

I sank all three.  You better bring your A-game if you're going to f- with Toonces in ASW.   >:D

Then got a November that was tagging along in the vicinity next mission.

The LA is a sexy beast, for sure.   :smitten:

I tend to switch over to a Sturgeon class ASAP, if it feels I'm walking over the enemy too easily.  While still having many advantages, that extra little noise and slower speed turns up the heat a bit.  :nerd:  Or a Permit for extra hairy danger.

Wait until you try the Seawolf in the South China Sea. Makes
me wish the US Navy could have bought a few more of these
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

mirth

This game is a real gem.

Destraex

Quote from: mikeck on May 17, 2018, 07:37:52 PM
Heh.

I sank all three.  You better bring your A-game if you're going to f- with Toonces in ASW.   >:D

I tend to switch over to a Sturgeon class ASAP, if it feels I'm walking over the enemy too easily.  While still having many advantages, that extra little noise and slower speed turns up the heat a bit.  :nerd:  Or a Permit for extra hairy danger.

All hypothetical though right? Or do they have the real data to work off?
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

sandman2575

Quote from: mirth on May 18, 2018, 05:20:22 PM
This game is a real gem.

Has anyone ever seen it on sale on Steam?

May be that I've seen and passed on a small discount, 5-10% or something -- but I don't think I've ever seen it 20% off or anything close, else I'd probably have picked it up.

Ian C

Quote from: mirth on May 17, 2018, 10:25:56 AM
Wow. That's a hell of an update for free.

On the campaign and feature set alone, it's an expansion!

Quote from: sandman2575 on May 18, 2018, 10:14:20 PM

Has anyone ever seen it on sale on Steam?

May be that I've seen and passed on a small discount, 5-10% or something -- but I don't think I've ever seen it 20% off or anything close, else I'd probably have picked it up.

Me too, and no, it's never seen on sale because I've always had it on my wish list. I might pull the trigger now because of this new content.

Toonces

Just saw this.

Guys, this game is worth every single penny they're asking for it, plus $20.  I can't believe Killerfish is releasing all this content for free.

Seriously, this is one case where I actually wish they were charging for DLC.  I truly want to see this team, and this game, survive and grow. 

<Throws money at computer screen>
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

sandman2575

I'm sure you're right, toonces.  I guess I've developed the habit that unless I intend to play a game now, I don't buy unless it's on sale for a tempting price.  Which in actuality isn't a really productive way to go about it, as I've bought plenty of games on sale for tempting discount, and then never get around to playing anyway.   Damned if you do, damned if you don't, I guess.

mikeck

Quote from: Destraex on May 18, 2018, 08:39:20 PM
Quote from: mikeck on May 17, 2018, 07:37:52 PM
Heh.

All hypothetical though right? Or do they have the real data to work off?

Well, as real as we they can guess. I mean, the Navy still won't release the diving depth of the LA class but we get along fine with it in game. The Seawolf is extremely quite and that is something well known...as it's exceptional sonar.
There is always guess work. In fact, the devs made the Russian Yassen class even quieter than the Seawolf. Now I don't believe that is the case due to machining capability, history and the fact that the Seawolf is basically silent. So same? Maybe...but not quieter.

That said, no one knows so in games like this, it's alwsys educated guesswork right?

But if you get detected sneaking around in the Seawolf, you're doing it wrong
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Toonces

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Jarhead0331

I suck at this game. Seriously...I'm really bad. I do not have the patience for submarine warfare.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Toonces

I can help you, sir.

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: Toonces on May 19, 2018, 04:07:23 PM
<Throws money at computer screen>

actual video of Toonces buying DLC.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.