Jomni's No Man Sky Diary

Started by jomni, August 17, 2016, 08:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeGER

no man's pictures ;)

i opt for dropbox too

jomni

I'll do photobucket next time.  Or just directly use Steam but can these be resized?

JasonPratt

I think the resizing is a forum tool, certainly it's a forum BBCode command (like width=800 inside the brackets with the url command), and so not dependent on the source. I've used the forum resize command occasionally with plenty of sources, though not yet with a Steam source.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

jomni

Good suggestion.  This one is hosted by Steam resized using the forum code.

Today's update:

New Gun...

New Suit slot and I placed a life support booster module.  Also built and anti radiation module. I'm waisting slots by building tech I don't use in the current planet (respirator and anti-radiation) but I would rather do than than look for resources to build the modules when I really need them.

Note: As someone mentioned in the main forums, the game becomes too easy the more a get these upgrades.  The enemies stay the same, so far.  It's not like an RPG where enemies become harder.   Which bring us to the philosophical question:  Why am I doing this grind, what am I supposed to do in this universe?  My current goal is to earn money. But for what purpose? Another ship?  Should I be moving along and explore new worlds and systems instead? Should I go to the centre of the universe that everyone is talking about (though some say it is futile).

jomni

Got a bigger gun. :)

I want to install Impact Damage Theta upgrade but I can't seem to find Iridium.  I checked all the traders and trading post but can't seem to source the element in Frosty Hostile Land.

I decided to fly over to Desolate Islands to see if I can get Iridium there.  There's a lot of swimming involved but the planet is pretty uninteresting.

I went to a new planet which I haven't named yet.  It's a pretty hot planet.  But I can't seem to find that Iridium.  Nice landing.

The planet has some friendly animals.

I had this idea of feeding these Turtlebeaks some stuff so that they can poop some other stuff out.  I did get a few Iridium but a lot of other elements I don't need as well.  This is a tedious process.

Also fed these bug-eyed goats to get some random minerals.  But they fill up my stash so fast with some unwanted stuff.

Ok.  So the planet is still unnamed.  Please reply with your suggestions.

And also this flying squirrel-butterfly needs to be named too.

JasonPratt

Yep, I can see those!  O0

From my experiments, a width of 1024, seems the largest the pix can get on standard 1080 screen resolutions (nowadays) without being so big that scrolling or a manual resize is required for most people. Maybe the related height of 768 would work similarly...?

Quote from: jomni on September 04, 2016, 05:53:22 AM
And also this flying squirrel-butterfly needs to be named too.

Testing that for your fuzzy edge-glider.

Okay, the top image was height=768, and the bottom was width=1024.

Edited to add, height of 768 didn't work so well. I haven't tried ticking up the width resize yet, since I'm sticking with standard imageshack resize options.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

jomni

Have mine set at height 400 so far. Too small? Clicking the pic would go to normal size.

JasonPratt

Some of the font is a little small for my squinty eyes.  :2funny:

That's sometimes true for width=1024, too, but it does seem cleaner for this game's pix.

Of course, right clicking on a posted image and choosing "view image" solves all problems, instantly resizing that image to the monitor.  :crazy2: So a manual resize isn't hard; it's just a little harder to check the image and also read commentary that way.

Sir Slash

I suggest, The Planet of No-Iridium Pooping or Weak Crapitorium. The bird should be called.... Bite-Sized.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

jomni

Uninstalled. Other games are calling me.