New Star Trek RPG on the way

Started by bbmike, July 26, 2016, 07:02:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

A look at the hardback print:

Looks pretty.

I'm not a huge ST game fan, outside of the ship combat or grand strategy focused stuff.  Well.. I'd still probably volunteer to play it over the same 'ole D&D themed ones.  But with so many sci-fi RPGs out there, doubt I will pick this up.  Not a knock against it, other than the aforementioned oversimplification of the 2d20 system in this title.  Just comes down to theme, and 'crunch' to a lesser extent.  I'll probably pick up their other recent sci-fi release, Coriolis, before this one (as an example).

bbmike

Can't wait for it to arrive with the dice.  O0
I also have to say that the PDF looks great on my iPad.  :)
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Nefaro

Quote from: bbmike on July 28, 2017, 01:51:11 PM
Can't wait for it to arrive with the dice.  O0
I also have to say that the PDF looks great on my iPad.  :)

I recently received a couple Hit Location Dice (for MC3 & Conan) from Modiphius. 

I expected the white paint, or the symbol etchings, to be minutely flawed in some way.  Since it's a specialty die.  Nope.  They're impeccable.

If all their dice are this quality, I may have to get some of the others in the future.

Nefaro

Modiphius just put out a series of very short videos on how to play the Star Trek 2d20 system..

Cheimison

I REALLY like Prime Directive and want to get the GURPS 4E version of it. The setting in Prime Directive makes so much more sense than Star Trek, especially with all this ST:Discovery and ST:Enterprise stuff. The ancient empires and the wars of successor races, genetic engineering, so much better than actual Star Trek.
Though I modded phasers to be in line with GURPS particle beams, so they were vastly more deadly than in vanilla Prime Directive.

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

not sure you got enough dice to go w/ it
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bbmike

-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

bbmike

Quote from: bayonetbrant on November 09, 2017, 06:36:32 AM

How could I not get the challenge dice in each division color? Besides, there are times you might need a lot of the d6 combat dice. See how I rationalize my purchases?  :buck2:
-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

BanzaiCat

Haters gon' hate, bbmike. You can never have enough dice!

bayonetbrant

Quote from: bbmike on November 09, 2017, 08:36:14 AM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on November 09, 2017, 06:36:32 AM

How could I not get the challenge dice in each division color? Besides, there are times you might need a lot of the d6 combat dice. See how I rationalize my purchases?  :buck2:

You don't need to rationalize buying more dice...  sheesh.  I said you didn't have enough!
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bbmike

-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

bbmike

Actually I decided to buy the just released Mutant Crawl Classics: Kilra's Glow Dice. Because, you know, glow in the dark dice!

-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak