1st Wonder Woman trailer (Comicon 2016)

Started by JasonPratt, July 25, 2016, 08:21:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

Just saw it. Solid flick. Easily the best of the Snyder-verse DC movies. For a Marvel equivalent, I'd put it on par with the first Cap or Thor.

Gal Gadot is fantastic. She makes Wonder Woman the most compelling and interesting of any of the current DC heroes. And she totally kicks ass.

It's a buy the numbers superhero flick, but better done than anything else in the DCEU.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Sir Slash

She's got her Golden Lasso around you for sure. Please tell me there are lots of scenes of her changing into and out of her WW suit.  :dreamer:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JudgeDredd

Just seen it - not bad.

WTF is with the CGI though!! It is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay exaggerated. There's a scene when she's in the water with Chris Pine and you can see they're in a pool with blue scree/CGI behind them. It's really pretty poor.

Gal Gadot is kick ass though and the fight scenes (without CGI) are well done, especially the slow-mo sections.
Alba gu' brath

airboy

Saw it with my wife this evening.  I liked it.  She liked it a lot more than I did.

Gal Gadot was well cast.  She has muscles and coordination.  Thick fingers and muscles.  She could actually hold a sword and use it.  Totally unlike Supergirl who has 0 upper body strength.  My wife said Gal has two kids and was an instructor for the Israeli military.  Fight scenes were well done.  She carries the movie well.

The plot was pretty ordinary Greek tragedy on mankind (if you know ancient literature which is what 0.5% of the movie audience).

Entertaining movie.  I like the Marvel movies better.

Tpek

Just saw it myself (with friends).
Neat film.

And I'm really happy to finally see an Israeli actor/actress get a lead role in a Hollywood movie.

Barthheart

Quote from: Tpek on June 16, 2017, 04:32:49 PM
Just saw it myself (with friends).
Neat film.

And I'm really happy to finally see an Israeli actor/actress get a lead role in a Hollywood movie.

:bd:

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus