Origins 2017 (June 14-18), Columbus OH

Started by bayonetbrant, June 24, 2016, 08:44:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

bbmike

Quote from: mirth on June 19, 2017, 08:04:29 AM
Quote from: bbmike on June 19, 2017, 08:02:40 AM
Wait, I could have played Munchkin instead?

Be honest, mentally you were playing Munchkin.

Mentally I was wondering how the Master of Orion board game would play.  :P
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

Most of your intel reports did seem to reference MoO.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

Anyone doing an AAR on those sessions? That would make some interesting reading.

bbmike

Sir, we think the Klackons have three T-72s coming in from the north. They are most likely armed with HE rounds, ion pulse beams, or graviton beams.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

Not sure if they're are any AARs planned, but the session I was in was very, very cool. I could give a broad overview, but I was pretty focused on running the air assets and didn't follow a lot of the details of the other decision makers. It's interesting how you can get tunnel vision for your particular mission. There wasn't a ton of air for me to manage, but it definitely kept me fully occupied.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

mirth

Quote from: bbmike on June 19, 2017, 08:46:58 AM
Sir, we think the Klackons have three T-72s coming in from the north. They are most likely armed with HE rounds, ion pulse beams, or graviton beams.

And this was the priceless intel we got from Mike :P

Bison

Quote from: mirth on June 19, 2017, 08:51:43 AM
Not sure if they're are any AARs planned, but the session I was in was very, very cool. I could give a broad overview, but I was pretty focused on running the air assets and didn't follow a lot of the details of the other decision makers. It's interesting how you can get tunnel vision for your particular mission. There wasn't a ton of air for me to manage, but it definitely kept me fully occupied.

So basically like your day job?

bbmike

Quote from: mirth on June 19, 2017, 08:54:14 AM

:bd:

Dr. Sterrett showed amazing restraint with me.  :P
-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

Quote from: Bison on June 19, 2017, 08:56:38 AM
Quote from: mirth on June 19, 2017, 08:51:43 AM

So basically like your day job?

Pretty much.

mirth

Quote from: bbmike on June 19, 2017, 08:58:08 AM
Quote from: mirth on June 19, 2017, 08:54:14 AM

:bd:

Dr. Sterrett showed amazing restraint with me.  :P

I doubt you were his worst student ever.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: BC on June 19, 2017, 08:16:35 AM
Next year, perhaps. Did BB mention the text I sent him? Heh-heh.
Quote from: mirth on June 19, 2017, 08:24:39 AM
Not that I recall.

You were somewhere in Pennsyltucky at the time
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

Quote from: BC on June 19, 2017, 08:42:17 AM
Anyone doing an AAR on those sessions? That would make some interesting reading.

le sigh
http://grogheads.com/?p=5109
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

BanzaiCat

Pfft, 2014? That's, like, two years ago or something.

And who's this Jim Zabek guy anyway??

bayonetbrant