Origins 2017 (June 14-18), Columbus OH

Started by bayonetbrant, June 24, 2016, 08:44:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OJsDad

Nope. I still love me.  :smitten:

We have to be in in Detroit tomorrow night to fly out to California early Monday for vacation, and with work wasnt able to get away Thursday and Friday. Today we were celebrating Fathersday and my dads birthday.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bayonetbrant

We're going live on Twitter with our Origins raffle at noon #Origins2017 #GrogHeads
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

in case you're wondering what the raffle looked like

the crowd at the raffle was about half of what he had last year, which was disappointing b/c we had more players in the games than last year  :wow:

https://twitter.com/GrogHeads/status/876471543014060033
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

bayonetbrant

bayonetbrant

bayonetbrant

bayonetbrant

Barthheart

Barthheart

Very cool to meet bbmike and Airboy face to face this time.  :bd:

Oh and mirth too... thanks for the beers. I owe you... come and collect it some time.  ;)

bayonetbrant

L-R, that's Sterrett, bbmike, Steve Pontius, Rob Crandall, Mirth, and some other guy, during the Command Post Wargame.

bayonetbrant

bbmike

I look like a deer caught in the headlights in that Command Post Wargame picture. That's because I was. :D
If you haven't participated in a session, do yourself a favor and sign up for one. It is intense, chaotic, wargame awesomeness.  O0

Origins is a blast and I'm already thinking about next year. The only complaint I have for my first one is I didn't stay the entire time. It was great to meet everyone in person.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

bayonetbrant

Quote from: bbmike on June 19, 2017, 05:34:45 AMThe only complaint I have for my first one is I didn't stay the entire time.

that's everyone's reaction...  and usually quickly rectified :D

BanzaiCat

Great stuff! Looks like I missed yet another good time.

And was that a raffle of oil paintings or an audience? ;)