Einstein got another prediction right

Started by besilarius, June 20, 2016, 10:04:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

besilarius

"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

MikeGER

Nobel Prize  for Gravitational wave prove  :D

Well deserved.  O0
Its opens up a new field of astronomy observation.  :D

and the discovery of  black holes colliding in that mass range (36, 29, 14, 8 sunmass) has already lead to a new theory of 'dark matter',  which doesn't need new strange dark-matter particles to be postulated

in a short simple form: 
after the big bang, when the universe rapidly expanded, there was whole spectrum of concentration off masses formed, those collapsed rapidly into a large spectrum of masses of black holes to be found.

the small ones vanished either evaporated according to the Hawking radiation law or formed up bigger once
the large once formed the nuclei of the large galaxies we see today (all galaxies have a super heavy black hole in the middle, afawk)

but mid size one black holes (that are in a mass range that cant be producers by early stares collapsing) formed a halo of dwarf-galaxies around major galaxies which produce only very very dime light to be easily found, but produce the missing mass need to solve the dark matter puzzle.

if more  black holes colliding in the early universe can bee measured the statistic of there masses can prove the theory above and also astronomers are looking for the very dim dwarf galyxies in a halo around our place

Barthheart

Quote from: MikeGER on October 03, 2017, 06:45:28 AM
Nobel Prize  for Gravitational wave prove  :D

Well deserved.  O0
Its opens up a new field of astronomy observation.  :D

and the discovery of those two black holes colliding in that mass range has already lead to a new theory of 'dark matter',  which doesn't need new strange dark-matter particles to be postulated

in a short simple form: 
after the big bang, when the universe rapidly expanded, there was whole spectrum of concentration off masses formed, those collapsed rapidly into a large spectrum of masses of black holes to be found.

the small ones vanished either evaporated according to the Hawking radiation law or formed up bigger once
the large once formed the nuclei of the large galaxies we see today (all galaxies have a super heavy black hole in the middle, afawk)

but mid size one black holes (that are in a mass range that cant be producers by early stares collapsing) formed a halo of dwarf-galaxies around major galaxies which produce only very very dime light to be easily found, but produce the missing mass need to solve the dark matter puzzle.

if more  black holes colliding in the early universe can bee measured the statistic of there masses can prove the theory above and also astronomers are looking for the very dim dwarf galyxies in a halo around our place

Interesting. But will that account for all the missing mass? And doesn't the "dark mass" need to be distributed within the galaxy and even within our solar system for all the other physics to work out?
Just a halo around the galaxy seems.... a little simple..... 

MikeGER

more information can be found here   ( i have read the article in the German issue of that science magazine)
unfortunately not for free.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/is-dark-matter-made-of-black-holes/

- edit
here is something free about primordial black holes
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primordial_black_hole

Barthheart

Hmmm.... I'll have to corner some of the DM physicists here to see what they say.....

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MikeGER

Quote from: Barthheart on October 03, 2017, 07:15:52 AM
Hmmm.... I'll have to corner some of the DM physicists here to see what they say.....

the  Wimps   ;) at LHC will not like it  ^-^

Barthheart

Quote from: MikeGER on October 03, 2017, 08:04:37 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on October 03, 2017, 07:15:52 AM

the  Wimps   ;) at LHC will not like it  ^-^

HA! Nor one of the experiments I helped build that just started searching for DM... http://deap3600.ca/

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MikeGER

>Breaking
first time in history a Gravitational wave event triggered (wake up call) all the other parts of astronomy to rush to point their other observational methods and instruments to see the fresh afterglow of a so called kilo-nova about 130 million light years away (the merger of two neutron stars with about a 1000 x energy release of a common nova) in a wide range of the electromagnetic spectrum.

First there is the gravitational wave detected, seconds later a gamma ray, followed by a 24h afterglow of the collision
First time an gravitational wave event was also visible and studied by the standard astronomy.
so all parts of the puzzle felt together nicely. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/speaking-of-science/wp/2017/10/16/scientists-detect-gravitational-waves-from-a-new-kind-of-nova-sparking-a-new-era-in-astronomy/?utm_term=.4fe0570a97d4