So. We got a cat. So far I am thoroughly underwhelmed

Started by Huw the Poo, March 30, 2016, 03:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

My dog has read this thread over and responded "Cats are the children of Satan."

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Huw the Poo

Quote from: undercovergeek on March 30, 2016, 06:43:02 PM
quite appropriate for a welshman - what kind of dog will you be getting?

i made myself laugh  :2funny:

Don't make me come over there!

MetalDog

Quote from: undercovergeek on March 30, 2016, 07:02:56 PM
im a cat whisperer - the girlfriends cat hates her, wont go anywhere near her, as soon as i get there the cat jumps on my lap and falls asleep just after giving the girlfriend the smuggest look you can do without any facial expressions

I have a deft hand for...cat, too.   ;)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: MetalDog on March 30, 2016, 07:32:36 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on March 30, 2016, 07:02:56 PM
im a cat whisperer - the girlfriends cat hates her, wont go anywhere near her, as soon as i get there the cat jumps on my lap and falls asleep just after giving the girlfriend the smuggest look you can do without any facial expressions

I have a deft hand for...cat, too.   ;)

thats because your hand plays pussy a lot.   ::)
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

panzerde

Huw, get a big ass snake as a pet and put it in the cat's bed. One way or the other, problem solved.

My dogs made me type this.

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Con

Quote from: undercovergeek on March 30, 2016, 06:43:02 PM
Quote from: Huw the Poo on March 30, 2016, 06:37:12 PM
She's three years old.  As I understand it that's quite young...?

Quote from: bbmike on March 30, 2016, 05:48:58 PM
That said, I'm a dog person and when I retire I will have another pug.

Yeah, looks like I have to wait for retirement, but the second I exit work on my last day I'll be getting a German Shepherd. O0

quite appropriate for a welshman - what kind of dog will you be getting?

i made myself laugh  :2funny:

I thought he would be getting a border collie to help him round up pliable sheep one that is trained not to bleat under stressful situations

Wales....
where the Men are Men
The Women are Men
and the Sheep are Nervous

Sir Slash

Huw, give her a few days to get used to you. Cats have to decide whether or not you deserve their attention. Then try a toy to get her to plat a little like a small rope or catnip stuffed mouse. Cats also love to play with any bird feather you find. Cats hate to be ignored so either use this to acknowledge their presence or aggravate the hell out of them whichever is most appropriate for the occasion.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Bison

Sounds like a cat to me.  They are lazy, inconsiderate, assholes that occasionally earn their worth as a pet by stooping to your less than cat level of existence by allowing you to pet them.   In exchange for allowing you the privilege of petting them, they will also permit you to feed them, give them water, and clean out their dirty litter box.  Cats are lovable jerks, which is probably  why I enjoy their company.   

Boggit

Quote from: Sir Slash on March 30, 2016, 11:00:55 PM
Huw, give her a few days to get used to you. Cats have to decide whether or not you deserve their attention. Then try a toy to get her to plat a little like a small rope or catnip stuffed mouse. Cats also love to play with any bird feather you find. Cats hate to be ignored so either use this to acknowledge their presence or aggravate the hell out of them whichever is most appropriate for the occasion.
This is the best advice so far. It takes time to develop a relationship with a cat. They are generally very intelligent (occasionally doing eye wateringly stupid things), but are very picky about who they will spend time with. Playing with them is a great way to form a bond with them. Sir Slash is definitely right with all he's said. O0
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Boggit

Quote from: Bison on March 30, 2016, 11:37:48 PM
Sounds like a cat to me.  They are lazy, inconsiderate, assholes that occasionally earn their worth as a pet by stooping to your less than cat level of existence by allowing you to pet them.   In exchange for allowing you the privilege of petting them, they will also permit you to feed them, give them water, and clean out their dirty litter box.  Cats are lovable jerks, which is probably  why I enjoy their company.
+1 O0
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Atilla60

Quote from: Boggit on March 31, 2016, 12:58:09 AM
Quote from: Bison on March 30, 2016, 11:37:48 PM
+1 O0

Ha!
+2
It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all those other forms that have been tried from time to time.
- Sir Winston Churchill -

Huw the Poo

Quote from: panzerde on March 30, 2016, 09:23:09 PM
Huw, get a big ass snake as a pet and put it in the cat's bed. One way or the other, problem solved.

My dogs made me type this.

Haha!

Sir Slash, thanks for the advice.  I do try to play with her quite often but most of the time she just stares at me.  I guess I'll keep trying.  She has been coming out of her bed for slightly longer each time.  You'd think she'd be bored as hell!

besilarius

Catnip can help break the ice.  But forsome cats, it is like a drug.  Just a little to get the cat to open up has worked well.
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

BanzaiCat

I miss cats. As a teen we had a stray show up at our door so my mom started feeding her, and of course she stuck around. A bit later she had kittens and my mom brought her inside; the mom cat literally lived in my room and would not step foot outside because she couldn't stand her offspring after they grew up. The offspring were pretty much assholes, though, while the mother cat was a sweetheart. Fortunately my mom gave away the assholes and the mother cat stuck with me until I moved in with my future wife.

She's allergic to cats, so we've not had one in our house. Though whenever we're at a friends' house that has cats, cats LOVE her. I think their inborn asshole radar is perfectly attuned to such situations. ;D