Hi from an American in England

Started by skirmish_tactics, March 05, 2016, 01:57:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wes

Welcome David. Always glad to see more table top folks. As for your about to be published game, can you share a title or any details? I understand if you can't but I'm always looking for new angles and you listed a few games as favorites that I have considered looking into (Quartermaster General being the top of the list).

And as mentioned above welcome to the madhouse :)
"I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."  - Frank Herbert

skirmish_tactics

Quote from: Wes on March 20, 2016, 11:42:24 PM
Welcome David. Always glad to see more table top folks. As for your about to be published game, can you share a title or any details? I understand if you can't but I'm always looking for new angles and you listed a few games as favorites that I have considered looking into (Quartermaster General being the top of the list).

Wes, as fortune would have, my new game was just officially announced by Lock N Load Publishing on this thread on Grogheads.

The game is called Platoon Command. As you can probably guess by the name, it's a skirmish-level game. However, the action is driven by a deck-building mechanic and area control. In the game you use cards to direct the movement of your platoon. Each of the cards corresponds to elements of the platoon, which are directly mapped to counters on a modular game board.

The game's campaign depicts the actions of rifle platoons within the 30th ID in Normandy during WW2, following in the footsteps of the 30th ID from D-Day to the Battle of Mortain.

mirth

Welcome, David. Your game looks great!
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

skirmish_tactics

Thanks, Mirth - I'm very excited about it. It's been awesome to work with LnLP on it.

Wes

Quote from: skirmish_tactics on March 21, 2016, 01:08:34 AM
Quote from: Wes on March 20, 2016, 11:42:24 PM

Wes, as fortune would have, my new game was just officially announced by Lock N Load Publishing on this thread on Grogheads.

The game is called Platoon Command. As you can probably guess by the name, it's a skirmish-level game. However, the action is driven by a deck-building mechanic and area control. In the game you use cards to direct the movement of your platoon. Each of the cards corresponds to elements of the platoon, which are directly mapped to counters on a modular game board.

The game's campaign depicts the actions of rifle platoons within the 30th ID in Normandy during WW2, following in the footsteps of the 30th ID from D-Day to the Battle of Mortain.

Sorry for the lag time on this response...I will have to check this out. You hit a lot of my bullet points with this one.
"I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."  - Frank Herbert

skirmish_tactics

Glad to hear it, Wes. Let me know if you have any questions about the game. I'll be posting a design diary very soon.