XCOM2 Groghead Tournament Registration

Started by JasonPratt, February 21, 2016, 02:21:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

Anyone who wants to be included in a Groghead Invitational XCOM2 multiplayer tournament, drop a post below!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Windigo

My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

JasonPratt

Well, since no one has registered other than Windy yet, maybe we should play a match and one or both of us AAR that afterward.  O:-)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Windigo

We can do this Jason. Have you looked at the multiplayer menu? I did a bit... haven't played an MP game yet. Looks like you put a squad together of different aliens/troops and each class costs a certain amount of points. You play with an agreed total maximum number of points.

May have to play a game or two to see all the mechanics of it.

JasonPratt

I've watched videos of people playing XC1; so while I don't recall exactly how they put a team and a game together (much less for comparison to XC2's engine), I feel moderately comfortable taking a stab at it.

We'll have to agree on a time and day to (try) do(ing) it; and we might have to agree on some things like team point value first (to make a team before making the game, perhaps -- I got the impression from initial fiddling on it the other night that a team must be created or selected before the private non-LAN game can be finished creating.)

Windigo

Quote from: JasonPratt on March 01, 2016, 11:00:14 AM
I've watched videos of people playing XC1; so while I don't recall exactly how they put a team and a game together (much less for comparison to XC2's engine), I feel moderately comfortable taking a stab at it.

We'll have to agree on a time and day to (try) do(ing) it; and we might have to agree on some things like team point value first (to make a team before making the game, perhaps -- I got the impression from initial fiddling on it the other night that a team must be created or selected before the private non-LAN game can be finished creating.)

OK, 10000 points?

JasonPratt

Windigo

It probably is, but I want options   ::)

JasonPratt

Hm. I'm having some trouble figuring out how to "invite friends" after setting up a private (but non-LAN) game.

I mean, other than clicking the "invite friends" button, which seems obvious -- but then nothing happens. No list of friends to invite shows up, no list showing the game up on boards for private connection, or anything.

My only guess at the moment is that by doing so I'm pinging the Steam friend list, although there's no indication of this either.

I'll have to do more research.

Windigo

OK, I got a reprieve from trimming trees at my old man's house. We can attempt to game this w/e if you can.

JasonPratt

I'll make provisional plans for Saturday sometime.

JasonPratt

Well, I ended up doing other AAR things and being with my family all today. But I should be more free tomorrow.

What's your Steam handle? Are you part of the Groghead group? I'm Sabreman.

Windigo

Quote from: JasonPratt on March 12, 2016, 09:52:00 PM
Well, I ended up doing other AAR things and being with my family all today. But I should be more free tomorrow.

What's your Steam handle? Are you part of the Groghead group? I'm Sabreman.

Sorry Jason for missing you. I worked a rock show in Calgary this weekend for my step-daughter and step-son-in-law (love that title). It was a crazy busy time.

JasonPratt

Well, let me know your Steam handle, and I'll keep an eye out for you when I'm on. I don't think I've sent you a friend request yet, but I tried to send to everyone I recognized on the Grog list a while back.

Windigo