Main Menu

Super Smash Bros

Started by Bison, February 06, 2016, 11:53:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bison

What an awesome fighting game.  I'd played a little back on the GameCube, but not a lot.  I picked it up thinking it would only be a game I'd enjoy.  Was I wrong my daughters love it.  I'm still trying out characters, but they decided immediately and haven't played any others yet.  Rosalie and Luna, and Princess Peach.  Great chaotic family fun.

We are hoping to pick up our own smash controllers to battle it out.

Bison

I love the game, but I've got a long way to go to even be competitive in online one on one matches.  I've yet to win a match and have very few KOs resulting from me knocking my opponent off of the platform  I'd be depressing if I didn't love the game so much.

Grimnirsson

Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de

Bison

Yeah, well, I'm a long way away from my hopes and dreams of being a professional esport, uh, athlete. 

Bison

Well I finally won my first online matches tonight.  It was actually quite a relief.  I thought I was going to have to go back to the drawing board much sooner and find a character that better fits my play style, but good old jack-of-all trades Pit is starting to click with me pretty well.  I just need to get my timing down better.  I miss a lot of easy combos and can get pretty predicable if I don't watch myself.

I've got a couple of other characters that I really like and need to make some time to train their moves and battle the CPU.  Namely Fox and Pikachu.

Bison

I'm a horrible Smash Bros player.  :(  Someday Ma I'll make you proud of my winning ways.

mirth

Forget about playing Xenoblade anytime soon
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Bison

I'm going to blame it on lag, because there is no way I'm that horrible from talent alone.