More Headline News From Maine

Started by mirth, July 31, 2015, 10:53:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbmike

Why is Stephen Hawking narrating that video?
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Sir Slash

That's got to be Bob's U-Boat, UR-12( you are one too).  :2funny:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

I'd be curious to see a zoomed-in analysis of that.

Maine (and the Northeast coast generally) has a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnng history of seeing things like that. Also, quite distinctly, of seeing something with a vastly much longer neck/head and tail than that (with fur and occasionally whiskers), although sightings of that sort haven't continued past the early 1900s much.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Staggerwing

The world is a better place for having folks like Andrew in it. I mean that most sincerely.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bbmike

But the world is also a lesser place for having squirrels like that in it.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

Sir Slash

You can't tell that guy he doesn't know beans about anything.  :-X

mirth

Sir Slash

How can it be a secret if she's telling everyone?   :nerd:  'Take the wine and don't take the bologna'. That will be my campaign slogan if I ever run for office.

Con

This sounds like a young Mirth

I like that its the 2nd time it happened but everyone thought he was still OK doing this job

https://www.boston.com/news/local-news/2017/07/07/police-maine-dad-played-video-games-as-his-2-toddlers-crawled-out-window-naked

DoctorQuest

And then, of course, there is this. Sounds like a great way to get some exercise. Thank God he was not an amateur runner.

https://www.boston.com/news/local-news/2017/07/06/professional-runner-outruns-2-bears-while-out-on-morning-run-in-maine
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Con

Quote from: DoctorQuest on July 07, 2017, 03:16:26 PM
And then, of course, there is this. Sounds like a great way to get some exercise. Thank God he was not an amateur runner.

https://www.boston.com/news/local-news/2017/07/06/professional-runner-outruns-2-bears-while-out-on-morning-run-in-maine

Thats why I go running with the wife

I dont have to outrun the bear...I just have to be marginally faster than her