Game Controllers for the PC

Started by Con, June 19, 2015, 10:39:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bison

My 360 controller is wireless.

Yskonyn

I also have the 360 wireless controller and have used it for games like Trackmania and X3 / Rebirth. The controller is sturdy and reliable, but the annoyance I had with the wireless one is that the game (X Rebirth) would loose control after it had been in standby mode.
I'd you don't use the controller for a while it will turn off itself. By pressing the Xbox Guide button it reconnects to the transmitter, but X wouldn't see this for some reason.

Overall I find the PLayStation controllers more comfortable. Their 4 way button is also more precise, which is a must when playing fighting games
For example.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Nefaro

I got a wired 360 controller. 

The cord is really long so it's not a big deal.  No need to worry about low battery warnings and having to plug it in to the really short charger cord (or buy a longer one in addition to the wireless). 

I actually prefer wired peripherals all-around, unless a corded one doesn't have plenty of extra length to reach.  I had to get a wireless mouse & keyboard for the PC tower I have hooked up to my LCDTV in the living room.   The available mouse & keyboard cords wouldn't reach all the furniture so it's a necessary evil. 

Don't like buying batteries for shit unless I absolutely have to.  Including rechargeable ones (which increasingly get worse and go bad too).

Greybriar

I ran across an article at Tom's Hardware that lists the following as the "Best PC Game Controllers 2015":

1. Microsoft Xbox One Controller - Best Overall
2. Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller - Most Versatile
3. Thrustmaster GPX LightBack - Best for Racing
4. Logitech F310 - Best Budget Option
5. Sony DualShock 4 - Best for PS4 Owners
6. Xbox One Elite Wireless Controller - New and Notable
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Jerade

Bumped onto this piece at Safetomatic outlining the - Best controller for PC Gaming – PC controller Reviews.
In summary, here are their recommendations
1. DualShock 4 Wireless Sony Controller
2. Xbox One Elite Wireless Controller
3. Steam Controller by Valve – PC controller for steam
4. ZD N Full Vibration Wireless Controller
5. ZD-V+ USB Wired Gaming Controller – PC Controller On cheap budget
6. Logitech Gamepad F710 – Wireless