Sikh college student wins battle with Army over hair, turban

Started by OJsDad, June 15, 2015, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greybriar

Just an FYI--The U.S. Army made exceptions for the followers of the Sikh religion in the 1960s. I distinctly remember this because when I was being given a hard time due to my hair being a little too long (I was letting it grow for my discharge in October 1969), I told them I belonged to the Sikh religion to get them off my back. :)
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Sir Slash

I'm already Sikh of this subject. Sikh's are well known as some of the best soldiers in the world so we'd be lucky to have even a few thousand in our military. I wouldn't care if the guy that pulled me to safety in combat worn pantyhose on his head. Uhhh... They can't do that yet can they?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Con

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.