My latest Haul.....

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Bison

I'm I allow to post my latest haul too?  You grumpy ass grogs?  :P

PanzersEast

First mission in the B-24J DEC 1943.  Striking the Marshalling Yards at HAMM.   There was heavy cloud cover over the target, however was able to pull off a on target run with 50% success.  We did get shot up by a FW190, an Ace pilot who damaged our flaps.... made for a tricky but successful landing.

Bison

Looks like a nice dice tray.  Is the pad necessary for bookkeeping?

PanzersEast

Quote from: Bison on June 17, 2017, 08:58:28 PM
Looks like a nice dice tray.  Is the pad necessary for bookkeeping?

Not necessary, but with all the logs you have to copy and keep track of, I found it easier just to create a couple of spreadsheets in Google Apps to keep track of.   One thing I would like to change (and will probably do on my own), is having the charts on a 2-sided sheet external of the book.  There are a lot of the Zone by Zone and combat charts to flip through.  The other charts are ok in booklet format.

ArizonaTank

"Sovereign of the Seas" by Compass Games.  Based on AH's venerable "War at Sea".  Covers the global sea war, 1756 - 1805.  My copy arrived yesterday.  Already getting it ready for the table....  I am a big WaS fan, so liking what I see in SotS...

https://www.compassgames.com/preorders/sovereign-of-the-seas.html
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Cyrano

#1:  AzTank, you will find, in the tiny-letter codicils of the rules of this forum that you are supposed to TELL ME about something like that.  My goodness.  Looking forward to getting that one.

And #2:  I got three of these from Origins.  Just made it through the demo with the family and it was a right hoot.

mod edit to downsize image from billboard size to monitor size
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

mirth

Quote from: Bison on June 17, 2017, 08:37:54 PM

What euro games did you buy now?
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

Basically, any board game with some snotty medieval-era trade league title including a location or group of merchants.

mirth

Yep. Like he even needs to show us. Those games all look the same to me :P
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

BanzaiCat

(1) Place Worker

(2) ? ? ?

(3) Profit!

mirth

Bison

Quote from: mirth on June 19, 2017, 08:11:28 AM
Quote from: Bison on June 17, 2017, 08:37:54 PM

What euro games did you buy now?
I actually was compelled to give the cypher RPG system a go.  So the Monte Cook's Numenaria core rule book and Beastary are on the night stand pile to be read, which I've tentatively targeted to finish reading by 2019.  They were a Father's Day gift.  I'm digging the setting, but the gamer in me is crying out "NOOOOOOoooo...oooo...ooo...ooo...!" to the fact the GM never rolls dice.   :nerd:

BanzaiCat

I don't like those kinds of games, with few exceptions.

Lords of Waterdeep is one (I don't own the game, just the app on my iPad), and Agricola (gods help me), also on my iPad.

I've tried Puerto Rico et al and can't stand any of them.

Even Catan sucks unless you have a good group of people to play it with. Usually it ends up with people like this guy though.