What's on your table right now?

Started by bayonetbrant, January 27, 2012, 09:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

Quote from: Bison on December 16, 2017, 10:27:22 AM
Yeah it's better to just go with wings of glory.  :)

Or Sails of Glory
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

Armada > I've heard it's being discontinued. It's another Star Wars rabbit hole I don't need to go down.

Sails of Glory > I've thought about it a time or two, but I'm not that much into that kind of thing.

I did, however, sell off some stuff and turned around and...

I wanted to get Fallout but Mice and Mystics was a surprise.

I've seen Fallout for $100+ and then lately, $60 or so locally. The place I bought this is selling them for $47. (Amazon has it for $100 right now, lol. Should have bought a few more and sold them myself.)

M&M I've seen for ridiculous prices. One place wanted $74, which is a lot less than I've seen it priced at online. The same place selling Fallout for super cheap was selling it for $53.

Done and done. :)

Edit: YES NOT WARGAMES, I know.

Bison

I need to put in an order from some GMT counter trays.   The danger of course is some game ends up in the cart at the same time.

bob48

I managed to get a copy of 'Rommel's War' by L2 Design. Should be here next week.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: BanzaiCat on December 16, 2017, 02:09:03 PM
Armada > I've heard it's being discontinued. It's another Star Wars rabbit hole I don't need to go down.

Sails of Glory > I've thought about it a time or two, but I'm not that much into that kind of thing.

Been rumours about Armada being discontinued for almost 2 years now.  Even if it is, there's enough there now to make it replayable for a long, long time.  Besides, the Star Destroyer minis are awesome!

Ubercat

Quote from: Bison on December 16, 2017, 02:31:30 PM
I need to put in an order from some GMT counter trays.   The danger of course is some game ends up in the cart at the same time.

I have a ton of those counter trays for various games but I've discovered something that I think is better for larger wargames. Craft trays from Walmart https://www.walmart.com/ip/Organizer-No-Spill-32Comp-13-7X8-6X1-Clear/22027056. Something like Red Winter or other games with lower unit counts are great for the GMT trays but when you get into monster war games like Case Blue or Last Blitzkrieg, I found the Walmart trays to be superior. Last Blitzkrieg fits in 2 trays, one for each side. Each division has it's own compartment and I even taped a picture of the division patch to each one. I threw all the step counters in a big ziplock bag.
All my ASL stuff fits in about 8 trays. How many GMT trays would that be?

The only downside is that they generally don't fit in the games box. How often are you going to travel with monster games anyway?
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Bison

I'm going to go with something similar for combat commander and ASL once I get around to dealing with sorting that beast.  I really want the trays for games were lower counter counts like Wilderness War, Normandy 44, ect...

GJK

Quote from: Ubercat on December 16, 2017, 04:21:51 PM
Quote from: Bison on December 16, 2017, 02:31:30 PM

I have a ton of those counter trays for various games but I've discovered something that I think is better for larger wargames. Craft trays from Walmart https://www.walmart.com/ip/Organizer-No-Spill-32Comp-13-7X8-6X1-Clear/22027056. Something like Red Winter or other games with lower unit counts are great for the GMT trays but when you get into monster war games like Case Blue or Last Blitzkrieg, I found the Walmart trays to be superior. Last Blitzkrieg fits in 2 trays, one for each side. Each division has it's own compartment and I even taped a picture of the division patch to each one. I threw all the step counters in a big ziplock bag.
All my ASL stuff fits in about 8 trays. How many GMT trays would that be?

The only downside is that they generally don't fit in the games box. How often are you going to travel with monster games anyway?

You can get a Plano 3701 (slim case - better for digging out counters) for about the same price and the lid will lock iron shut. You also get 2 more partitions (34) than this one.
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

W8taminute

^I'm finding those trays are far superior to anything I've used in the past.  The only caveat is that they may not fit all game boxes perfectly.  I'm finding that I have about a quarter of an inch overflow when I try to put the game box cover on. 

Michael's Crafts is also another great place to find these trays.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

bbmike

Received this yesterday afternoon. I'm hoping I like it so I can back the Pacific expansion next year.

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

BanzaiCat

Quote from: bbmike on December 17, 2017, 09:28:23 AM
Received this yesterday afternoon. I'm hoping I like it so I can back the Pacific expansion next year.

Oh, you'll like it. It's a lot of fun. If you played the modern version you'll find this one superior. At least, IMO I think.

Bison

Memoir 44 Winter Wars battle.  Basically, I'm a master tactician.

bob48

Just for a change, I'm spoilt for choice. I have a copy of long-lusted-after 'Rommel's War' by L2 Design and 'Liberty Roads' from Hexasim, still in the shrink, and sister game 'Victory Roads' on its way and due maybe tomorrow.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

mirth

Quote from: bob48 on December 21, 2017, 03:15:12 PM
Just for a change, I'm spoilt for choice. I have a copy of long-lusted-after 'Rommel's War' by L2 Design and 'Liberty Roads' from Hexasim, still in the shrink, and sister game 'Victory Roads' on its way and due maybe tomorrow.

Amd I am so very jealous.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus