What's on your table right now?

Started by bayonetbrant, January 27, 2012, 09:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bison

Quote from: panzerde on June 08, 2017, 08:50:04 AM
It's also definitely not too late for me to decide to not go to Origins this year, either.  Maybe Bison can show up and run the LnL Games. Or just play Catan.

Catan has questionable wargame credentials.  Yeah but your right I have no understanding of war games or combat simulation that would add much to the real grogheads program schedule.  I would go hang at wizkids, but I'm not a huge hero clix fan.  I'm a gaming ship lost at sea with no port in sight!

mirth

Quote from: Bison on June 08, 2017, 09:05:51 AM
Yeah but your right I have no understanding of war games or combat simulation that would add much to the real grogheads program schedule.

It's hardly rocket surgery.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Bison

Quote from: mirth on June 08, 2017, 09:15:34 AM
Quote from: Bison on June 08, 2017, 09:05:51 AM
Yeah but your right I have no understanding of war games or combat simulation that would add much to the real grogheads program schedule.

It's hardly rocket surgery.

There have been times in my life I'd rather do rocket heart surgery.

GJK

Quote from: panzerde on June 08, 2017, 08:42:48 AM
Right, this is a forum where racing games, sports games, Euros, RPGs, and card games are defined as "wargames."  ::)

And the answer is...
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Nefaro

Quote from: panzerde on June 08, 2017, 08:42:48 AM

Right, this is a forum where racing games, sports games, Euros, RPGs, and card games are defined as "wargames."  ::)

:))

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Bison

Quote from: mirth on June 08, 2017, 06:56:59 PM
^Bison loves that game

I have played My Little Pony Chutes and Ladders.   That game is totally luck driven sort of like the dice rolls in ASL.  :)

Nefaro

Quote from: Bison on June 08, 2017, 07:09:48 PM
^Bison loves that game

I have played My Little Pony Chutes and Ladders.   That game is totally luck driven sort of like the dice rolls in ASL.  :)

teeheeheeee

GJK

Quote from: Bison on June 08, 2017, 07:09:48 PM
^Bison loves that game

:clap:

I like dice, charts, counters and thick rulebooks in my games.  Some like little plastic soldiers and cards. 
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Silent Disapproval Robot

We played a 3-player game of Normandy '44 on Tuesday.   First time for all of us so things were a little slow and we did make a few mistakes with the rules.  I played the Brits/Canadians and my side of the map pretty much mirrored history.  Quickly devolved into a meat grinder in and around Caen.

Interesting game.  We played with randomized weather and it pretty much sucked for the Allies.  We were only able to finish 6 turns and start the 7th before calling it quits after 7 hours but 3 of those turns were stormy so the Allies got no air power, no naval support, and no reinforcements and the Germans could move around unopposed by air attacks.  Nasty....

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Bison

Cyrano

Shoot, Grogheads CentComm was parked NEXT TO My Little Pony, what, three years ago now?

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

mirth

Quote from: Cyrano on June 09, 2017, 12:26:05 PM
Shoot, Grogheads CentComm was parked NEXT TO My Little Pony, what, three years ago now?

That's good crossover

panzerde

Quote from: Cyrano on June 09, 2017, 12:26:05 PM

Yep, and they had more disturbing looking old men hanging around than we did.

They were well-mannered, though.

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres