Streaming Gems (Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc.)

Started by BanzaiCat, December 12, 2014, 09:52:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steelgrave

Quote from: Gusington on March 16, 2018, 07:42:16 PM
Anyone watching Flint Town on Netflix? Doc on the Flint MI Police. On Episode 3 of 8 now and they are very good. If you watch, keep a look out for Officer Belasco (SP?) :)

I watched the first three episodes last night and enjoyed them very much. Much deeper than say, Cops, and shows the struggles of policing with very limited resources. And Officer Babe....eh, Belasco....can arrest me anytime.

BanzaiCat

Just finished the first episode of Flint Town. I agree wholeheartedly. With ALL the previous statements.   O0

Sir Slash

I just finished Season 2 of Ash vs The Evil Dead and laughed like hell all the way through. The real Evil was Lucy Lawless had no nude scenes in Season 2.  >:(
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

Finished up Flint Town - it really captures the state of the whole country, I think.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

I think I've mentioned the series 'The Detectorists' before. It's quite...well, charming is the best word I can use for it. Very good writing, acting, pacing, and at times it can be quite hilarious.

Take this scene, for example...the metal detecting club decides to have an open house to hopefully bring in new members, and it goes less than stellar for them.

Gusington

If you can stomach it, try the BBC documentary 1945: The Savage Peace. It is extremely brutal. Well done, but hard to say it's 'enjoyable.'

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

I saw 'Dad's Army' pop up in Netflix the other day. I could swear some of you had mentioned this series before but I'd forgotten about it/not seen it yet.

DoctorQuest

The wife and I just finished the first episode of "Lost in Space" on Netflix. I thought it was very good. Bill Mumy even had a cameo.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Quote from: DoctorQuest on April 14, 2018, 08:16:48 PM
The wife and I just finished the first episode of "Lost in Space" on Netflix. I thought it was very good. Bill Mumy even had a cameo.

I'm watching it now. It's better than I expected.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

DoctorQuest

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

BanzaiCat

I'm going to check out Lost In Space now. I watched The Eagle Has Landed on Amazon Prime - first time I've seen it since high school. Then got done with Capricorn One just now, which I also haven't seen in forever. Eagle was a great movie; I'd forgotten how good it was.

DoctorQuest

I have "Eagle" on DVD. A real classic. The book is great, too.