Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes Patch

Started by bbmike, January 10, 2018, 05:57:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbmike

A small patch for Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes, but I think Martok will be happy:

Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes Patch

*** RELEASED 1/10/2018 ***
Fixes
    -Fixes an issue where Zone of Control lines don't draw in game within game (ie: if you load a game while playing).

8)

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

FarAway Sooner

This was an excellent game system.  Brad Wardell just needed to bring in somebody with talent at the flavor/design piece and turn over decision making responsibility to him.

Wardell's churned out some very good games, even if took him and the Stardock team several years to get that series right.  But the atmosphere was always bland to me.  From the way Wardell wrote (and I know he tried his hand at writing in a serious way) and the enthusiasm with which he posted his stuff, it was obvious that he had a bunch of great and vivid ideas in his mind.  He could just never bring them to life for me.

It's one of those instances where, if he hadn't been the CEO, somebody could have told him, "Your game and AI building skills are great, but you need to turn the creative work over to somebody else."  It can be lonely at the top...

Martok

Wow, this was a pleasant surprise!  I know Derek said he was going to try and get some programming time devoted to fixing the ZoC bug, but I readily admit I had my doubts it would happen (and even if it did, certainly not this soon).  Awesome!! 

Quote from: bbmike on January 10, 2018, 05:57:45 PM
but I think Martok will be happy:
You are entirely correct, bbmike.  :)  Thanks for the heads-up! 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces