That time of year has come again to scare Gus!

Started by JasonPratt, September 15, 2017, 11:02:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

And yes, he has already finished Alien: Isolation. Next plz.  >:D

I've had my eye on Darkwood for a while. Top-down horror survival. My favorite of many good reviews:

*KNOCK* *KNOCK*

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...

http://store.steampowered.com/app/274520/
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

JasonPratt

That's because in mirth's heart it's always winter.  :coolsmiley:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Gusington

This is a great thread idea, thanks Pratt!

Once I am on a proper pc (tonight) I will check out Darkwood some more. If it's the top down game I think it is, I was no really that intrigued.

What is the name of that relatively recent game set in 17th century North America that sees the protagonist looking for the reason a colony got lost...just saw it for sale at Humble Bundle or Bundletars for .99.

Can't remember the name but I have been interested in it for a while.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

I can scare Gus. Gus, those Prit Buttar books you wanted me to hang onto.... I used them to keep my velvet painting of Elvis above water during Hurricane Irma. Sorry.  :wow:   BOO!  :DD

Not really. Just shaking you up man. They were the first thing I put up high and dry. Next was the Elvis painting.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Greybriar

Quote from: Gusington on September 15, 2017, 12:54:06 PM
IIRC the game I am thinking of is Betrayer.

You're in luck, Gus! For the next five days the Humble Store is selling Betrayer for 99¢.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

JasonPratt

I actually own Betrayer, but have never played it (or even installed it so far as I recall).

In other news, I could have retired some time ago to play games, except for all the games I've bought over the years, including ones I've never even played.  L:-)

Gusington

Yeah Greybriar I got that email for the .99 deal - it's what made me think of Betrayer. However a quick check of Metacritic reveals some meh reviews, so...anything else you guys recommend?

At drill right now so it's going to take a lot to scare me 💀

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Moreb

Quote from: JasonPratt on September 16, 2017, 08:21:29 AM
In other news, I could have retired some time ago to play games, except for all the games I've bought over the years, including ones I've never even played.  L:-)

I like to call those 'investments'. I've pinned my retirement on the returns.
When dongles fly? - mirth

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Greybriar

Quote from: Gusington on September 16, 2017, 08:49:26 AM
....anything else you guys recommend?

At drill right now so it's going to take a lot to scare me 💀

The pat answer I used to give was the Gabriel Knight series. But it's pretty long in the tooth now except for Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers 20th Anniversary Edition which has a Metascore of 74 and a User Score of 8.1 at Metacritic. Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers 20th Anniversary Edition is currently on sale at the Humble Store for 75% off, or $4.99 U.S.

Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Gusington

Thanks Greybriar, I know nothing about those games, will check them out.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd