Main Menu

War Thunder Thread

Started by republic, November 07, 2014, 07:09:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destraex

PRess the double areows in the main menu above your vehicle list to show the trees. The interface is complicated.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

jomni

Quote from: Yskonyn on November 03, 2019, 04:12:44 AM
Holy crap. Every news item I have seen of this game in 2019 shows off beautiful graphics and hardware that gets my loins moistened!
I am just not sure I am into this Quake Deathmatch gameplay with cool units. Or has gameplay evolved over time to have a more mission like structure now?

There's hardly any quake death match. Main mechanic are capture points. Sometimes games take long to finish. New ground maps are huge. There's also Realistic and Sim mode if you like. But Arcade is interesting enough for me.

There is campaign mode and world war mode that I hardly play.

jomni

Quote from: Wburn on November 03, 2019, 02:47:51 PM
Do you buy into those modules? I currently seem to only have access to fighting WW2 maps without any kind of upgrades in armored vehicles without paying a bucket full of money for premium and lions to upgrade crews. I must be missing something.

You can get by playing free if you don't mind the grind. I am usually playing free for most of the year. I do pay for premium time once in a while.

Top tier is also brutal. And hard to earn game credits (high repair cost vehicles, lethal hardware, competitive environment, experienced players). Mid tier is my sweet spot.

MengJiao

Quote from: jomni on November 04, 2019, 02:01:57 AM

Just flying realistic air battles.  Doing okay in an early model Beaufighter, oddly enough (over the hills near the Black Sea in this case):

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on November 10, 2019, 10:55:09 PM
Quote from: jomni on November 04, 2019, 02:01:57 AM

Just flying realistic air battles.  Doing okay in an early model Beaufighter, oddly enough (over the hills near the Black Sea in this case):

I'm working on researching the Firefly I, a "naval strike fighter"...my theory is that, it can go in with bombs and then do some (limited) fighter activity...though maybe not very much since its top speed is under 300 mph.  Anyway, the navy tree looks more promising than endless Beaufighters.

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on November 17, 2019, 05:18:38 PM

I'm working on researching the Firefly I, a "naval strike fighter"...my theory is that, it can go in with bombs and then do some (limited) fighter activity...though maybe not very much since its top speed is under 300 mph.  Anyway, the navy tree looks more promising than endless Beaufighters.

With bombs and a number:

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on November 17, 2019, 09:21:39 PM
Quote from: MengJiao on November 17, 2019, 05:18:38 PM

With bombs and a number:

Over China with two 1000-pound bombs:

jomni

I have clocked 456 hours playing ground battles. Lol!

MengJiao

Quote from: jomni on November 24, 2019, 03:02:13 AM
I have clocked 456 hours playing ground battles. Lol!

Awesome!  I think I'm around 200 hours.

jomni

Jarhead0331

Still no infantry, huh? All these beautiful battlefields and environments devoid of human life?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

MengJiao

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 14, 2020, 09:54:36 AM
Still no infantry, huh? All these beautiful battlefields and environments devoid of human life?

In open-top vehicles, you can see your crew getting a bit worried these days.

W8taminute

I'm looking forward to Enlisted which currently is in closed beta.  From the same makers as Warthunder except there is a heavy emphasis on infantry combat.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

MengJiao

Quote from: W8taminute on May 19, 2020, 03:09:46 PM
I'm looking forward to Enlisted which currently is in closed beta.  From the same makers as Warthunder except there is a heavy emphasis on infantry combat.

Sounds promising!  Apparently I'll play anything that resembles an FPS in any way.  But here's a War Thunder scene from the Achilles: