DVG - Warfighter!

Started by DanVerssen, March 28, 2014, 10:07:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanVerssen

VASSAL - FIELD COMMANDER ROMMEL DELUXE

Available now for download only $24.99!

http://www.dvg.com/.sc/ms/dd/ee/75/Field%20Commander%20Rommel%20Deluxe%20-%20Vassal

FIELD COMMANDER NAPOLEON

We found a few Napoleon games that were accidentally placed in cases for a different game. If you'd like one, order in a hurry!

THE CARDS OF CTHULHU

Should arrive during the middle of April.

THUNDERBOLT-APACHE LEADER - REPRINT

Should arrive the first week of April!

WARFIGHTER & 3 EXPANSIONS

Will be heading to the printer in a couple days. We've posted a look at the final rulebook. If you see any issues, please let us know!

JudgeDredd

This is now on order for me - the deluxe version. I'm looking forward to this one.
Alba gu' brath

Staggerwing

Is this VASSAL version a complete game with all documentation? Can one print it out for easier reading before playing? If so I'm very interested.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

JudgeDredd

I don't know about a vassal version - I'm talking about the boxed board game
Alba gu' brath

Barthheart

I believe that JD is talking about Warfighter while Stagger is talking about Field Commander Rommel.

As for Rommel, yes it's a complete game but not sure if the rules are in a PDF or buried in the module.
DVG modules are locked though so you probably can't print out anything in the module. I was looking at picking this up as well.

JudgeDredd

Yes - I was referring to the title of the thread and not the other entries in his email.

I missed that about Rommel though. I might have a squiz.
Alba gu' brath

Nefaro

Was just watching a vid and the obvious hit me..

The Shadowrun IP should get a Warfighter treatment. 

Or, at least, a futuristic cyberpunk corporate black-ops themed Warfighter.

Would not only be weapons, kit, and soldiers/runners to purchase on the front end, but also stuff like cybernetics, drones, hacker progs/tools, and possibly spells or psionic abilities.  Could be a wide variety of security & defenses that could be experienced on the path to the final objective. 

The Warfighter system would fit the cyberpunk or cyberfantasy themes perfectly.  ^-^

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Nefaro on November 13, 2017, 08:58:32 PM

wasn't that ?Netrunner

DVG's Warfighter system

FTFY ;)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Nefaro

Quote from: bayonetbrant on November 13, 2017, 09:00:05 PM

wasn't that ?Netrunner

Naaa... Netrunner was a head-to-head CCG.  In the vein of MtG with deck construction & such.

Great game, but quite different.  Not a co-op/solo game.

DVG's Warfighter system

FTFY ;)

>:D

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Nefaro on November 14, 2017, 11:46:08 AM
Naaa... Netrunner was a head-to-head CCG.  In the vein of MtG with deck construction & such.

I know.  I played early beta versions of it before WotC ever publicly released it.

But there's not much needed to convert it to a solo game (plenty of conversions you can find online) and I can't imagine co-op would be that hard.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Nefaro

Quote from: bayonetbrant on November 14, 2017, 11:52:51 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on November 14, 2017, 11:46:08 AM

I know.  I played early beta versions of it before WotC ever publicly released it.

But there's not much needed to convert it to a solo game (plenty of conversions you can find online) and I can't imagine co-op would be that hard.

Netrunner's theme is also just focused on Matrix running.  I'm talking about proper shadowrun-style B&E op themes - not so much the matrix side.

Shadowrun: Crossfire is enjoyable, but it's a deck-builder.  You don't actually purchase your runners and their guns, ammo, and equipment beforehand.  Plus the locations, and general mission progression, is more abstract; probably, in part, due to being a deck builder.

Cyrano

I've zero interest in either, but, now that you said it, a Cyberpunk adaptation strikes me as much more appealing than the fantasy iteration that was mooted a while ago...
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Nefaro

Quote from: Cyrano on November 14, 2017, 03:50:30 PM
I've zero interest in either, but, now that you said it, a Cyberpunk adaptation strikes me as much more appealing than the fantasy iteration that was mooted a while ago...

ikr .. seems like it would fit perfectly into the system.

bayonetbrant

Nef - I think we got ours wires crossed in what I was proposing...

I wasn't saying that DVG's WFer game is like Netrunner.
I was saying that the Shadowrun game you were proposing sounded very Netrunner-y to me.

Nefaro

Quote from: bayonetbrant on November 14, 2017, 04:37:36 PM
Nef - I think we got ours wires crossed in what I was proposing...

I wasn't saying that DVG's WFer game is like Netrunner.
I was saying that the Shadowrun game you were proposing sounded very Netrunner-y to me.

Well... Netrunner's theme was inspired by Shadowrun's matrix hacking.

Actually, I remember owning some of the original Netrunner CCG from back in the late 90s.  Which the newer LCG is based off.  It was definitely Shadowrun related.