Mystara

Started by bayonetbrant, September 27, 2017, 05:45:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

Cool 'hidden history' of the setting
https://www.blackgate.com/2015/02/07/the-known-world-dd-setting-a-secret-history/

a bunch of pics of the products, and some add'l history thoughts, here
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

combines TM1 and TM2
The key in the top left says "the Western Countries" but the eastern trail map is stitched on here too, and the key w/ that label removed

click to really enlarge

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bbmike

Looks like that was made with Hexographer (or the newer version, Worldographer). An excellent program.  O0
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

bayonetbrant

Quote from: bbmike on December 16, 2017, 09:03:52 AM
Looks like that was made with Hexographer (or the newer version, Worldographer). An excellent program.  O0

Nope - that map has been around since about 1992 or so.

bbmike

The map may be that old, but it looks like someone's redone it in Hexographer. Unless the Hexographer developer lifted all of his terrain graphics from an old map.  :buck2:
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

bayonetbrant

Quote from: bbmike on December 16, 2017, 09:15:56 AM
The map may be that old, but it looks like someone's redone it in Hexographer. Unless the Hexographer developer lifted all of his terrain graphics from an old map.  :buck2:

More likely #2, since those maps started with that format in 1987.

Emeraldlis

What I wanna know is where is the walnut dice tower  :D map looks great :)
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

Staggerwing

Quote from: Emeraldlis on December 17, 2017, 11:37:40 AM
What I wanna know is where is the walnut dice tower  :D map looks great :)

Walnut Dice? That's a new one...
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bbmike

I bought a walnut dice box at Origins this year. Very stylish.  8)
-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

Staggerwing

Very nice! Does it also come in Cashew?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Emeraldlis

"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

BanzaiCat

Come on, people. Puns every day seems almondane.

BanzaiCat

In cashew were wondering, I have a couple.

Emeraldlis

As puns go they're nuts so bad  :2funny: ^