New Star Trek RPG on the way

Started by bbmike, July 26, 2016, 07:02:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbmike

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on July 26, 2016, 02:08:16 PM
Screw the Gorn and their homing plasma torpedos. Just sayin'.

I have the original FASA RPG books too (light/powder blue covers, three of them). I'd be interested just for the reading material itself.

Sounds like you have the 2nd edition of FASA. The 1st edition had one rulebook with a color front. Here's mine next to classic Traveller:

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

I have 2nd edition of FASA's ST RPG. 3 core books, plus I have a bunch of expansions & scenario books. It was a pretty good system.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Dammit Carl!

I got lucky and found the FASA boxed set with the deckplans for the Enterprise and D7 as well as having 2 additional sourcebooks at an antique store in South Carolina years back.

Same thing goes for the LUG Romulan and Starfleet Academy boxed sets. 

mirth

^good score. Those deck plans are rare.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

BanzaiCat

I had the 2nd edition, yep. Spent MANY afternoons in the summertime at my grandparent's apartment off of Old Columbia Pike near Silver Spring, MD building countless officers for numerous ships.

I remember on one of our outings (I know I mentioned this before but can't remember where), I found a Top Secret RPG and a set of D-7 deck plans. I went with Top Secret and I think you guys berated me for it, but hey, I had literally multiple weeks to fill and just staring at a D-7 deck plan and memorizing it wasn't going to cut it. I spent a lot of time building a bunch of secret agents in that game, too.

Dammit Carl!

Serious statement here:  if I can. I'll be happy to scan the deck plans in as pdf and distribute.  Will be to scale as I've got a 36 inch width machine to use (the joys of working for engineers, eh).  Looks to be 11x17 double sided by my estimate.

If I'm in the wrong here, mods please kill this reply, eh?

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on July 26, 2016, 08:29:04 PM
Serious statement here:  if I can. I'll be happy to scan the deck plans in as pdf and distribute.  Will be to scale as I've got a 36 inch width machine to use (the joys of working for engineers, eh).  Looks to be 11x17 double sided by my estimate.

If I'm in the wrong here, mods please kill this reply, eh?

C:-) C:-) C:-)  MOD HAT ON   C:-) C:-) C:-)

We're not going to kill it, so that we can point out that while we can't stop you from infringing on someone's copyrights (we're not the cops), please don't use our forums to make such offers to others so that we don't get in trouble.

Thanks!
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Dammit Carl!

No problem.  No boat rocking here intended.  Didn't know how something that old would still be touchy but certainly ain't going to cause you guys problems.

Backing away slowly...no eye contact...dulcet tones...

BanzaiCat

bbmike

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on July 26, 2016, 09:19:19 PM
No problem.  No boat rocking here intended.  Didn't know how something that old would still be touchy but certainly ain't going to cause you guys problems.

Backing away slowly...no eye contact...dulcet tones...

And you want to be our drunken Yeoman...
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

Dammit Carl!

Well, I did post that while drunk, so I'm in character at least.

Deckplan copy query submitted to FASA, so we'll see where it goes.

mirth

I don't want to turn this into a copyright discussion but the old FASA materials are all available online as scans. I'll leave it at that.

bbmike

^ Hey! You were going to be our Security Chief!
-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

A good Chief knows all the angles.

Dammit Carl!

Did get a reply from FASA - I can make copies for the immediate gaming group only so... O0