Looks like Rising Storm moving on to Vietnam

Started by Grim.Reaper, June 20, 2015, 07:54:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fabius

Great heads up, thanks!

I want it now !!

I just fired RO this morning for the first time in months.

Nefaro

Nice. 

RO2 is one of the very few FPSes I still consider playing.

fabius

Quote from: Nefaro on June 20, 2015, 09:27:38 AM
Nice. 

RO2 is one of the very few FPSes I still consider playing.

It's the first shooter that I 'got in to'. There were enough playing it this morning for several full MP games.

JudgeDredd

Oooooh....I love Vietnam games. Lets hope this turns out a good yin. The one(s?) I have is too old now
Alba gu' brath

RooksBailey

Eh, I am not really into Vietnam for a gameplay setting.  Even the Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam expansion didn't do much for me.  I would rather had them stay in WWII, or give us a WWIII in Europe setting circa 1985.

Still, RO2 is one of the best shooters I ever played, so I will support Tripwire with a purchase. 
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

Skoop

I'm curious how they do the helos, are we flying them ?  Would be cool if we can, that cobra looks cool.  I hope they are not AI only.  I'm sure this will make it into my steam library regardless.

Apocalypse 31

Quote from: Skoop on June 20, 2015, 05:15:39 PM
I'm curious how they do the helos, are we flying them ?  Would be cool if we can, that cobra looks cool.  I hope they are not AI only.  I'm sure this will make it into my steam library regardless.

Similar to artillery/air support in RO2, perhaps?

I wonder if they'll model an Radio-Telephone Operators, and force Squad Leaders to be near the RTO in order to call in air strikes.

jomni

RO2 did the jungles and booby traps well.  Vietname would be a no brainer.

So this is not "In Country" who dumped the Tripwire engine for Unreal Engine.
http://www.incountrygame.com/

Father Ted

Quote from: jomni on June 22, 2015, 05:01:44 PM
RO2 did the jungles and booby traps well.  Vietname would be a no brainer.

So this is not "In Country" who dumped the Tripwire engine for Unreal Engine.
http://www.incountrygame.com/

Nah, not related.

By all accounts Rising Storm delivers on the "asymmetric" combat, so this iteration should work well.

Nefaro

You guys are right.  It's probably not much of a setting leap from Rising Storm.  They already have a jungle setting.. just a matter of adding some new stuff.

I should go revisit RO2 & Rising Storm, but I often say that for dozens of games I've enjoyed.  Last I checked, my Steam library contained hundreds of games, at least 1/3rd of which I've not even played yet.  Then there's a very long list of GOG, GG, Desura, and others.  I'm buried, keep buying more on sales, and will never catch up at the current rate.  :uglystupid2:

But I'll be damned if I don't pick up RO Vietnam.  >:D

Nefaro

Sooooo

When is Rising Storm 2: Vietnam supposed to be released? 

Looks like some closed beta footage is being allowed, so it must not be too far off...

Nefaro

These maps look like some amazing fun.

The hill maps with the tunnels in this vid..  :coolsmiley:

language warning

Tuna

Quote from: Nefaro on March 20, 2017, 03:08:54 PM
These maps look like some amazing fun.

The hill maps with the tunnels in this vid..  :coolsmiley:

language warning

Could almost make one get over their PC Funk!